will a Ryzen 7 5800x bottleneck my rtx 2070

It shouldn't. and is certainly a much better CPU than you last mentioned ( Was it a Ryzen 3 series?)

But you have to factor in the GPU, RAM, SSD and resolution. It also comes down to the game.

Which games are you wanting to play?

What resolution and quality settings?

What FPS do you get now - What are you wanting/expecting?

I have issues on a 4090 with some games. I could faf about all day, most of the time it's the software side (the game) not being optimised properly. I have an RTX 2080 on a system similar spec system to the above. That seems OK, but you have to respect that it's not a bad GPU, but it is getting on a bit. Try 4K at high/Ultra settings on some games with that GPU and it will show its age.

The 5800X is a cracking little CPU, but FPS in games is majority GPU work.  If you want more FPS spend the money on the graphics card.

NVidia 50 series is due out soon, so you might see some discounts on the outgoing 40 series and/or the AMD 7000 series.

I'd keep an eye on the prices for the 4070 Super and the 7900XT, GRE and XTX

Don't forget that while NVidia cards are generally better when it comes to Ray Tracing, the AMD cards put in an impressive show with rasterization.