If you could go in a time machine -where would you go ?

1 hour ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I loved Frank Carson , 

image.png.863684490328810aff87a700ab988a78.png

He was in the Army and once told the story where he was on parade being inspected by a senior officer who stopped when he came to Frank and said; 

" Carson, I didn't see you at camouflage training yesterday. "

Frank replied 

" Thank you very much sir. "

It was the way he told them 😂

• Haha 2

I'd go back to about 1963 and try to experience as much of the cultural and musical revolution as I could, and if possible be a part of it.

A la:

I was there in 1968, at the first Can show in Cologne. I supported soft Machine at the Paradiso, in 68, I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City. I was working on the organ sounds with much patience. I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band. I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime." I was there. I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids. I played it at CBGB's.  I was there in the Paradise Garage DJ booth with Larry Levan. I was there in Jamaica during the great sound clashes. I woke up naked on the beach in Ibiza in 1988.  But have you seen my records? This Heat, Pere Ubu, Outsiders, Nation of Ulysses, Mars, The Trojans, The Black Dice, Todd Terry, the Germs, Section 25, Althea and Donna, Sexual Harrassment, a-ha, Pere Ubu, Dorothy Ashby, PIL, the Fania All-Stars, the Bar-Kays, the Human League, the Normal, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Monks, Niagra, Joy Division, Lower 48, the Association, Sun Ra, Scientists, Royal Trux, 10cc, Eric B. and Rakim, Index, Basic Channel, Soulsonic Force ("just hit me"!), Juan Atkins, David Axelrod, Electric Prunes, Gil! Scott! Heron!, the Slits, Faust, Mantronix, Pharaoh Sanders and the Fire Engines, the Swans, the Soft Cell, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics.

12 hours ago, Norbert said:

I'd go back to about 1963 and try to experience as much of the cultural and musical revolution as I could, and if possible be a part of it.

A la:

I was there in 1968, at the first Can show in Cologne. I supported soft Machine at the Paradiso, in 68, I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City. I was working on the organ sounds with much patience. I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band. I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime." I was there. I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids. I played it at CBGB's.  I was there in the Paradise Garage DJ booth with Larry Levan. I was there in Jamaica during the great sound clashes. I woke up naked on the beach in Ibiza in 1988.  But have you seen my records? This Heat, Pere Ubu, Outsiders, Nation of Ulysses, Mars, The Trojans, The Black Dice, Todd Terry, the Germs, Section 25, Althea and Donna, Sexual Harrassment, a-ha, Pere Ubu, Dorothy Ashby, PIL, the Fania All-Stars, the Bar-Kays, the Human League, the Normal, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Monks, Niagra, Joy Division, Lower 48, the Association, Sun Ra, Scientists, Royal Trux, 10cc, Eric B. and Rakim, Index, Basic Channel, Soulsonic Force ("just hit me"!), Juan Atkins, David Axelrod, Electric Prunes, Gil! Scott! Heron!, the Slits, Faust, Mantronix, Pharaoh Sanders and the Fire Engines, the Swans, the Soft Cell, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics.

I was there as part of the ‘60s and for me it was the most influential decade of my life.

I’m sure many of my contemporaries would say the same.

In many ways it was the best of times and the worst of times. At the start I was an an adolescent reading Jules Verne’s From the Earth to the Moon.

By the end man had travelled there, landed and returned.

So much progress happened in the ‘60s both personally and in the world it’s 10 years I’ll never forget, until I do!🙂

echo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

I spent all my teenage years in the sixties. Had a great time, and can still remember some of it 🙂. Younger posters may not be aware but we were the generation that discovered Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll.

I didn't do drugs 😉

Have to say , I don't remember a great deal about early 60s as I was only a child . Rememeber more about later 60s . There were some brilliant music out there & I loved the fashion . 

• Like 1