Squirrels

If you have bird feeders you will get the pesky squirrel nicking the food.

I put lard on my pole to stop them they just slid back down.

Felt awful doing that as there just after an easy meal but the whole point of putting bird feeders out is for the birds not the squirrel's. 

It only worked for a while but they worked out they could bypass the sliding pole and jump direct to the feeder.

• Like 1

We had squirrels in our loft for nearly seven years,  they used to jump from the willow tree branch onto the guttering then get in through the corner of the roofing.  The builders blocked the corner off but not before they found a three foot nest in the loft.

Edited by cressida

49 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

RSPB advice is to sprinkle paprika on the bird food.

Squirrels can taste it, but birds can't, so it keeps the squirrels off the food.

I have tried it and it seems to work.

In that case just put some Goulash out for the birds. The squirrels won’t like it and the birds will chirrup in Hungarian!😆

echo.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cressida said:

We had squirrels in our loft for nearly seven years,  they used to jump from the willow tree branch onto the guttering then get in through the corner of the roofing.  The builders blocked the corner off but not before they found a three foot nest in the loft.

Nearly seven years!!!

I hope you had a lease review lined up for them.😁

In that time it’s a wonder you still had any electric wiring left in tact.

echo.