Cycling the trans Pennine way South Yorkshire

Sometimes when I want a change from the road I will get the train to Conisbrough.

The TPT passes through just behind the station and I can cycle from there right to Hillsbrough without barely touching a road.

Its a great route slightly challenging at Silkstone and lumps up a bit in Wharncliffe woods but nothing to challenging.

Anyone else done this route, its about 30 miles

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Sometimes when I want a change from the road I will get the train to Conisbrough.

The TPT passes through just behind the station and I can cycle from there right to Hillsbrough without barely touching a road.

Its a great route slightly challenging at Silkstone and lumps up a bit in Wharncliffe woods but nothing to challenging.

Anyone else done this route, its about 30 miles

There are numerous bits of the trail around Barnsley.

Welcome to the Trans Pennine Trail

The Trans Pennine Trail

I know, only one bloke who's walked it all, and I also knew a bloke and his son that did the Pennine way, I also know a guy that does the lyke wake walk every year.

I love a walk but these are to challenging for me I suspect.

A few years ago I cycled from Southport to Sheffield on the trail. Route finding was difficult due vandalism to the signage.

I then later cycled from Sheffield to Hornsea.

My first attempt at Southport to Sheffield was abandoned, the rain was bouncing knee high !

I think both rides took around 11 hours.