Are some kids becoming feral?

Mr Kohli, who was walking his dog in Franklin Park, was seriously assaulted on Sunday and died in hospital on Monday evening.

A post-mortem examination found he died due to a neck injury, pending further tests.

Leicestershire Police said on Tuesday a murder investigation had been launched and that a boy and a girl, both 14, and two girls and a boy, all aged 12, had been arrested.

The force later said the 14-year-old boy remains in police custody, while the other four have been released with no further action.

The attack happened near the entrance to Franklin Park in Bramble Way at about 6.30pm on Sunday.

Mr Kohli is believed to have been wearing a black jumper and grey jogging bottoms.

It wasn't so much this case I was thinking of Cress, but the 12 year old boy who was arrested in the recent riots, but whose Mother decided to go to Ibiza instead. 

Not so much an issue to do with the child, but the parent. 

Not on, but very revealing I think.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

It wasn't so much this case I was thinking of Cress, but the 12 year old boy who was arrested in the recent riots, but whose Mother decided to go to Ibiza instead. 

Not so much an issue to do with the child, but the parent. 

Not on, but very revealing I think.

Sorry, forgot to put the link up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/clynp35n353o

Just now, cressida said:

I agree,  bad parenting is a contributory factor.  

It's probably one of the major factors.

I know it's not as easy as saying "get Social Services" in, but in some cases, statutory services should be more assertive in their support, Which I know isn't easy given they've been absolutely hollowed out and understaffed. 

Too much selfishness nowadays and following materialism as a religion.

The societal movement of extended family situations to nuclear ones hasn’t helped.

Broken relationships, struggling single parent households and sometimes unstable nurturing of children. Absence of sensible parental control.

Poor attitudes to education and a lack of decent employment opportunities and prospects doesn’t help either.

It can lead to a self perpetuating vicious cycle.

echo.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

I agree,  bad parenting is a contributory factor.  

Were you kept indoors as a child, I certainly wasn't. My parents were separated and we lived with Dad, maybe you could call us feral?

Dad was out working, we were allowed to play out on our own. Looked after by relatives.

There is something more than just being feral.