Are some kids becoming feral?

3 hours ago, cressida said:

No further action for the other children,  they could have tried to intervene.

I thought we had joint enterprise laws which would make them liable for prosecution. 

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Were you kept indoors as a child, I certainly wasn't. My parents were separated and we lived with Dad, maybe you could call us feral?

Dad was out working, we were allowed to play out on our own. Looked after by relatives.

There is something more than just being feral.

Well,  of course we played out but we didn't attack an 80 year old man.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cressida said:

Well,  of course we played out but we didn't attack an 80 year old man.

Perhaps those responsible played video games or on social media and didn't learn right from wrong, in the real world?

• Sad 1

Like I've said previously, the UK is an incredibly rough country with ferals breeding feral. Unless a government comes in with harsh measures to try and curb this escalating problem, it will only become worse.

The UK is heading to all gated communities to keep ferals out.

20 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Perhaps those responsible played video games or on social media and didn't learn right from wrong, in the real world?

If that's the case then are they truly responsible?

If they haven't learned right from wrong then how could they know beating the life out of a pensioner isn't the done thing? 

5 hours ago, Resident said:

I thought we had joint enterprise laws which would make them liable for prosecution. 

We do, though being arrested on suspicion of a crime does not necessarily mean they were involved.
If there were several kids involved, as well as the one still detained, then they may have been completely different crowd.

More is needed to keep kids off the streets, doing no good.

Bad friends,  poor parenting or environment,  is a recipe for disaster. 

Leisure places- boxing, training, games etc will help get kids doing something- not enough around. 

• Like 2