Family club .

cuttsie

Just now, Alextopman said:

What do you get them for?.

Very complicated, and very unfair to many very famous clubs. You have to win promotion to the Premier League, try to compete against established clubs owned by countries or billionaires and in so doing pay ridiculous wages ( peanuts to the Big Clubs ) and when that doesn't work you get relegated with parachute payments to try and help you avoid receivership by being unable to pay the inflated costs you've accrued.

But, aside from those insignificant details it's free money and your club is rolling in it and able to throw money around like a drunken sailor on shore leave. 👍 😉

40 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Very complicated, and very unfair to many very famous clubs. You have to win promotion to the Premier League, try to compete against established clubs owned by countries or billionaires and in so doing pay ridiculous wages ( peanuts to the Big Clubs ) and when that doesn't work you get relegated with parachute payments to try and help you avoid receivership by being unable to pay the inflated costs you've accrued.

But, aside from those insignificant details it's free money and your club is rolling in it and able to throw money around like a drunken sailor on shore leave. 👍 😉

Thanks, it's a wonder no one has mentioned it before.

"Bramall Lane has a rate of 0.14 banning order per 10,000 attendees, making it 10th in a list of stadiums with the highest number of such orders, research from security firm, Get Licensed, has revealed."

Wow!  10th eh! 

Wonder what they were for?  Wonder if any were for prolonged racial abuse of an opposition player which brought shame on the club & which was reported on the main BBC news? 

Wonder if any were for taking the p*** out of the memory of a small child who tragically died & supported the opposing club & thinking it was funny, thereby bringing shame on the club & having it reported on the main BBC news? 

Can someone help with this one?  Was it Sheffield United? 

its not easy to control supporters, but players are meant to set a example , not fighting ect on the pitch, but is it the way the manager wants them to bully there way to a win ,not a good example to the young supporters in my opinion, but at least we know what to expect in the match when we play them, but always remember players on both sides get injured and utd dont have a big squad

• Haha 1

Blinkin Heck ,  never expected all this sticking up for tosss pots down at our old place , Still what do us lot expect , I mean some of us remember when a daft manager they sacked,     ( and made his Mrs rooor ) ,     told his players to break legs and picked on poor old Gary Megson just because they were gerrin licked . 

Family club my arsssse.

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Blinkin Heck ,  never expected all this sticking up for tosss pots down at our old place , Still what do us lot expect , I mean some of us remember when a daft manager they sacked,     ( and made his Mrs rooor ) ,     told his players to break legs and picked on poor old Gary Megson just because they were gerrin licked . 

Family club my arsssse.

What about sacking a manager on Christmas eve who lost his leg playing for you?....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Family club my arsssse.

Talking about family clubs sacking managers....

Fancy sacking a "family-man" manager on a Christmas Eve.

Soon found his new home at the real family club though didn't he.

Statues still there.

Thats how we do things. 

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PapaLazarou said:

Talking about family clubs sacking managers....

Fancy sacking a family-man manager on a Christmas Eve.

Soon found his new home at the real family club though didn't he.

Statues still there.

Thats how we do things. 

Sacking on Christmas eve,  Nowt new about that ,   us bricklayers who worked for a well known Sheffield builder , Who built a balling alley at Intake all got the sack on Christmas eve , And we never got a statue erected an all .