Why shouldn't Angela Rayner go to Ibiza and dance the night away?

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

The criticism of Raab above was about him being on holiday, and not coming back during the Afghanistan Crisis when interpreters and men from Afghanistan who helped UK soldiers, were left to the mercies of the Taliban:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/22/dominic-raab-persuaded-pm-he-could-stay-on-holiday-in-afghanistan-crisis

Yes,  and he wouldn't take the phone call,  we should have got them all the interpreters 7&their families out of there,  still rankles.

45 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What’s being working class got to do with it ?

Possibly quite a lot.

Social classes sometimes have their own norms, cultures and ways of doing things. Some members of the upper classes have their ways of doing things; some members of the middle classes have their ways of doing things and some members of the working classes have their way of doing things.

There are regional and occupational differences within these classes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Personally I think she should deal with more urgent matters at home............. 🙂

https://news.sky.com/story/boy-12-has-sentencing-adjourned-for-role-in-manchester-disorder-after-mum-goes-to-ibiza-on-holiday-13208485

That's not comparable.  She was neglecting her duties as a m.other

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

Angela Rayner should have gone to a British holiday destination to dance the night away in order to boost the British tourist industry. 

Just Rayner?

Don't remember you saying the same of that idle, fetid slob Boris when he went abroad  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Just Rayner?

Don't remember you saying the same of that idle, fetid slob Boris when he went abroad  

I remember when David Cameron was prime minister he publicised going on holiday in Cornwall.  Angela Rayner could follow in his foot steps and go dancing in Blackpool. 

4 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

I remember when David Cameron was prime minister he publicised going on holiday in Cornwall.  Angela Rayner could follow in his foot steps and go dancing in Blackpool. 

You just remember when he went to Cornwall?

It may be rotten luck that the prime minister seems to be on holiday during so many major crises. Or it may be that he is on holiday quite a bit. In just over three years, since April 2011, Cameron has had 14 significant breaks: Granada, Ibiza, Tuscany, Mallorca, Ibiza, Algarve, Jura, Lanzarote, Cascais and five times in Cornwall, including the current one.

How many holidays does David Cameron need? | Alex Andreou | The Guardian

Edited by Mister M
  • Sad 1

A Politician raving in Ibiza, in their own time and at their own expense is fine with me. It's endless lockdown benders at Number 10, with the taxpayer buying the suitcases full of booze that’s really taking the pish.

P.S. I should have put a s instead of an h but we’ve got some very sensitive folk on here!

Edited by Mister Gee
  • Like 1