Why shouldn't Angela Rayner go to Ibiza and dance the night away?

45 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Well you’d think that she’d be fairly safe from criticism for dancing, obviously not so. Had she been out grouse shooting, kick boxing or even worse, showing support for another politician not of the Labour flavour then I could understand some resentment, but ‘dancing’, give me a break. :banana:

I agree,  she is entitled to a holiday and it was in August,  hopefully all PMs will take a holiday  as it would be advantageous to all - they could end up with clearer minds and not befuddled ones.

2 hours ago, Baz1 said:

She's trying to tell people she is working class- but fact is, she isnt- not now.

And I agree, got nothing to do with it and dancing!

She's the deputy PM and is supposed to representing the country on the world stage- that's where the issue is.

Maybe she should take up playing croquet and drive two Jags to create the right impression. 

It's a lot of fuss about nothing, probably stemming from some people's blinkered ideas oh how politicians should conduct themselves. I don't understand why she equates enjoying dancing with being working class; I bet Jacob Rees Mogg loves doing the Harlem Shuffle.

• Like 1

Even as a Tory vote, I wouldn't begrudge someone like Rayner having a holiday & chucking her bits about.  Everyone deserves a break & we're not in the middle of a war. 

She probably booked it ages ago & don't forget everyone expected Sunak to see it through until the autumn. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Even as a Tory vote, I wouldn't begrudge someone like Rayner having a holiday.  Everyone deserves a break & we're not in the middle of a war. 

She probably booked it ages ago & don't forget everyone expected Sunak to see it through until the autumn. 

Exactly.

It's not like she went on holiday & went dancing whilst telling the nation to stay at home & not go dancing - that would be very very very wrong.....

#FACT