Christmas and Halloween at the same time!

28 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

Lancelot brewery in Brittany have a beer called Samhain (the Bretons are Celts) The beer is only brewed once a year, in the night between 31 October and 1 November and they have a festival at the brewery while they’re doing it. The beer is 11,1% to symbolise 1 November. It’s a really tasty beer, we always have one on Halloween to celebrate Samhain. 

OOOO nice one , bet that is potent 

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

Our winters are so miserable we need all the celebrations and events we can get to cheer us up the gloom.

Bonfire night, Halloween, Christmas,(and Christmas fairs) Eid, Thanksgiving, Twelth night, Can you think of any more?

-We need something for mid January, the most depressing month of the year.

January and February are so bleak and seem long, but once you get through it to March there's the prospect of March, the bulbs coming up from the ground, snowdrops, followed by the daffodils, bliss! Spring in England is my favourite season.

In Australia, there are no distinct seasons, just months of differing temperatures and daylight hours. 😔

12 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

January and February are so bleak and seem long, but once you get through it to March there's the prospect of March, the bulbs coming up from the ground, snowdrops, followed by the daffodils, bliss! Spring in England is my favourite season.

In Australia, there are no distinct seasons, just months of differing temperatures and daylight hours. 😔

Do be quiet,  February is fantastic,  my birthday is Valentine's Day and the weather gets warmer towards then I've noticed.🥰

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Our winters are so miserable we need all the celebrations and events we can get to cheer us up the gloom.

Bonfire night, Halloween, Christmas,(and Christmas fairs) Eid, Thanksgiving, Twelth night, Can you think of any more?

-We need something for mid January, the most depressing month of the year.

I agree with you Anna,  bring out the winter maypole or something juicy,  mid January.  

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

Do be quiet,  February is fantastic,  my birthday is Valentine's Day and the weather gets warmer towards then I've noticed.🥰

Well I have to admit, there is hope on the horizon by the time Valentine's Day comes. Just. 😉