Gender Identity

I can't believe I am doing this & please don't ask me to name all , have just given you the A , because I really can't trawl through them all . I would love to know , who came up with them all , but whoever they are , needs to find a proper job . Maybe, in Outer Mongolia .

image.png.aa2a167c38394f943f79af720139ef7e.png

25 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I can't believe I am doing this & please don't ask me to name all , have just given you the A , because I really can't trawl through them all . I would love to know , who came up with them all , but whoever they are , needs to find a proper job . Maybe, in Outer Mongolia .

Well I’m sure Androgynos is a place in Greece!😆

echo.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Can you give us the Zs?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Where did you find this list of stupidity, @lavery549@yahoo? ight pass a cold Saturday afternoon on. 😀

The list is probably a variation from Wiki

Outside of specific fields of study, what does it really matter how people choose to define themselves, provided everyone treats others with the same degree of respect they they would desire themselves?
I do appreciate that some of these definitions are useful for culture warriors, who chose to demean a particular minority; I've posted previously regarding who is helping fund the  anti-trans debates.

Note that some of the terms listed in the wiki link are language/religion/ethnicity specific.
I said a variation, as the Wiki entry doesn't list "Androgynos" as a separate spelling to the more familiar "Androgynous" with a u after the o, though there is a separate entry for it as per the second link.
Many of these ideas and definitions aren't new, as that previous link shows, as does this one
Six Sexes of the Talmud.
To pick another at random Bugis
Gender in Bugis society

In contrast to the gender binary, Bugis society recognizes five genders: makkunrai, oroané, bissu, calabai, and calalai.

The concept of five genders has been a key part of their culture for at least six centuries, according to anthropologist Sharyn Graham Davies, citing similar traditions in Thailand, Malaysia, India and Bangladesh.

1 minute ago, peak4 said:

The list is probably a variation from Wiki

Outside of specific fields of study, what does it really matter how people choose to define themselves, provided everyone treats others with the same degree of respect they they would desire themselves?
I do appreciate that some of these definitions are useful for culture warriors, who chose to demean a particular minority; I've posted previously regarding who is helping fund the  anti-trans debates.

Note that some of the terms listed in the wiki link are language/religion/ethnicity specific.
I said a variation, as the Wiki entry doesn't list "Androgynos" as a separate spelling to the more familiar "Androgynous" with a u after the o, though there is a separate entry for it as per the second link.
Many of these ideas and definitions aren't new, as that previous link shows, as does this one
Six Sexes of the Talmud.
To pick another at random Bugis
Gender in Bugis society

In contrast to the gender binary, Bugis society recognizes five genders: makkunrai, oroané, bissu, calabai, and calalai.

The concept of five genders has been a key part of their culture for at least six centuries, according to anthropologist Sharyn Graham Davies, citing similar traditions in Thailand, Malaysia, India and Bangladesh.

Peak 4 , I got it from here 

image.png.a038b20d6751ba4f288e6fdf6f123452.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1