Did you make dens when you were a kid ?

The best dens I made were with my sons. Blanket dens, large cardboard box dens connected by 'string paper cups telephones ', and blanket dens from the upstairs bannister with poles and clothes pegs and bits of bungee, extending into the room, equipped with a double airbed and sleeping bags. They slept in that. It stayed up a couple of weeks in the school holidays.

Happy days, the best!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

The best dens I made were with my sons. Blanket dens, large cardboard box dens connected by 'string paper cups telephones ', and blanket dens from the upstairs bannister with poles and clothes pegs and bits of bungee, extending into the room, equipped with a double airbed and sleeping bags. They slept in that. It stayed up a couple of weeks in the school holidays.

Happy days, the best!

Are you always so enterprising and innovative?

1 hour ago, Gormenghast said:

What about turning all the mirrors round to face the wall?

My Mum always did that, can't remember why. 🤔

Hope your family aren't ugly,  that's what they do.

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

Are you always so enterprising and innovative?

Don't know if it's enterprising and innovative. Just me I suppose.  In the school holidays when they were young we'd go out for the afternoon, I'd pull my truck up in a scenic spot and we'd have a 'truck picnic' which they loved! (at that time in my life I had a truck because I was dabbling in landscaping) and then on to the animal sanctuary set in an old farm in the countryside to see the animals and feed the horses apples from our apple tree, then onto Spider Park for the playground.

A few years later my eldest Son sent me a Father's day card recounting all this and thanking me for those times. Magic. The best.

• Like 1

Love picnics,  my sister took us all to Lyme Hall,  she has two adopted daughters,  sat by a small lake,  she even put chicken legs in the picnic basket.

I like that it's so clear how much you love your family and they love you.

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

I like that it's so clear how much you love your family and they love you.

Thanks, cressida💜

Your comment made my eyes water, briefly, but in a good way.

Good to hear about your picnics! I remember happy times having picnics with my Mum and Dad when I was young. Maybe I just passed the experience on to my sons...

• Like 1