Why in UK ,can we not cope in extreme weather ?

There was one particular night , I was going to work , my friend was picking me up , so had to walk to end of the estate . She  was terrified ,because she had only recently passed test , so had to guide her . We ended up getting to near the hospital , then she skidded . People helped us by pushing the car & we managed to get to work , but what struck me was , a car same as mine , a Nissan Micra , drove straight past us while we were stuck . My friends , said , Helen , why on this earth did you not take your car ? 😅

2 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

There was one particular night , I was going to work , my friend was picking me up , so had to walk to end of the estate . She  was terrified ,because she had only recently passed test , so had to guide her . We ended up getting to near the hospital , then she skidded . People helped us by pushing the car & we managed to get to work , but what struck me was , a car same as mine , a Nissan Micra , drove straight past us while we were stuck . My friends , said , Helen , why on this earth did you not take your car ? 😅

I love the snow, always build a Snow person...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Every time there is really bad weather, we just can't cope . Be it heatwaves , bad snow , heavy rain .What do you think the problem is ? 

Coped very well during the 40 years I lived in Sheffield. We have heavier rain and hotter heatwaves here in France - really no problem.

Bad snow - well a couple of times since the late 60's which lasted for a couple of days tops. Left the car at home and walked to work.

Sheffield had extreme weather once for one day in 2007 when there were floods,

Edited by Longcol