Is It Time To Cancel Your TV Licence?

Do also bear in mind that the author apparently used AI to analyse the BBC's output, so that output will likely depend upon the questions asked, and the structure of the algorithm, which is presumably secret.

Israel does seem quite big on AI for various purposes. I've posted the +972 report previously.
Israel using secret AI tech to target Palestinians  Responsible Statecraft
A leading voice on military AI breaks down how big data risks making war less humane

The Israeli military has employed an artificial intelligence-driven “kill list” to select over 30,000 targets in Gaza with minimal human input, fueling civilian casualties in the war-torn strip, according to an explosive new investigation from +972 Magazine.

Especially in the early days of the Gaza war, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) personnel ignored the AI’s 10% false positive rate and intentionally targeted alleged militants in their homes with unguided “dumb bombs” despite an increased likelihood of civilian harm, according to IDF sources who spoke with +972 Magazine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've never had a TV licence, the tone of the licencing letters has long meant they go in the bin, but I think the BBC is a useful and pretty impartial source of news, especially compared with the bin scrapings of almost every newspaper and 'minority appeal' TV station. And then we have the online cesspools.

14 minutes ago, Conrad2030 said:

OP, I doubt I'll be renewing my TV license this time around; purely because of this:

BBC PRO-ISRAEL BIAS EXPOSED BY LEAKED EMAILS AND INTERNAL STUDIES

https://www.mintpressnews.com/bbc-pro-israel-bias-exposed-leaked-emails-internal-studies/287965/

Maybe you should take a read?

Mintpressnews are on the fringes of unbiasedness and believability tbh. The BBC by trying to appear neutral necessarily appear biased in situations as asymmetrical as Israel vs Gaza imho.

10 hours ago, Norbert said:

I've never had a TV licence, the tone of the licencing letters has long meant they go in the bin, but I think the BBC is a useful and pretty impartial source of news, especially compared with the bin scrapings of almost every newspaper and 'minority appeal' TV station. And then we have the online cesspools.

Do you watch BBC?

9 hours ago, Conrad2030 said:

OP, I doubt I'll be renewing my TV license this time around; purely because of this:

BBC PRO-ISRAEL BIAS EXPOSED BY LEAKED EMAILS AND INTERNAL STUDIES

https://www.mintpressnews.com/bbc-pro-israel-bias-exposed-leaked-emails-internal-studies/287965/

Maybe you should take a read?

Welcome to the forum Conrad 🙂 

Very unbiased first post.

😂😂

• Haha 2