Is It Time To Cancel Your TV Licence?

13 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Your thoughts?

Has his complaint been upheld?

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

So you aren't  concerned about the BBC breaking its own rules.

People make lots of "claims" about lots of things, doesn't mean they're true.

These look pretty tenuous, at best, given the source.

As for the license, I'll be sticking with it, I think it's decent value.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

No worries.

I hope your stay this time brings much love and merryment to all.

👍

Appreciate your sentiment, Al, but I honestly don't know what or who you're referring to.

• Haha 3

Interesting article I've just accidentally come across from +972; This isn't directly about the Asserson report, but does feature the paper mentioned in the opening post of this topic.
Why did a British Jewish newspaper publish fake Israeli intelligence?
Israel’s army suspects fabrications published in the Jewish Chronicle were part of a pro-Bibi influence campaign, while the article’s author is not as he claims.

Who really funds the Jewish Chronicle? Why it’s troubling that we don’t know…   [Prospect/Alan Rusbridger vie archive.is]

Worth a read as it also touches on a potential change of ownership for The Telegraph, which is now under discussion.

Obviously the original Asserson report/Telegraph article was intended as a BBC hit piece, but I've never been able to get my head around potential conflicts of interest regarding Robbie Gibb, ex No.10 Director of Communications and then employed by The BBC.
In 2020, he led a successful consortium bid to buy The Jewish Chronicle.

The consortium's bid was backed by journalist Sir William Shawcross, former Labour MP John Woodcock, and journalist John Ware.

Gibb has refused to say who funded the consortium bid, believed to be around £3.5 million.

In his declaration of interest on the BBC website, Gibb states that he owns a 100 per cent holding in Jewish Chronicle Media.

Shawcross amongst other things, is known for his work with Prevent

UK: Shawcross review of Prevent is 'deeply prejudiced and has no legitimacy'  Amnesty International, but many other concerns expressed elsewhere, e.g. Guardian.

John Woodcock MP is now known as Lord Walney   since he now sits in The Lords [Prospect link via archive.is]

Better known as John Woodcock, the independent adviser on political violence exhibits a disturbing lack of perspective in his new report on protest