Anyone put their heating on yet?

17 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

...Winter is the best season in my opinion 

January and February are so bleak though. I love Spring, seeing the first shoots of Spring flowers and bulbs and leaves appearing on the trees and seeing the back of winter! 👍

55 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

January and February are so bleak though. I love Spring, seeing the first shoots of Spring flowers and bulbs and leaves appearing on the trees and seeing the back of winter! 👍

Now is the perfect time to plant some bulbs. Maybe some tete a tete daffodils, or hyacinths in pots.  Leave them somewhere sheltered and you’ll be rewarded with early green shoots, followed by lovely flowers.

Available in garden centres and supermarkets everywhere.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Now is the perfect time to plant some bulbs. Maybe some tete a tete daffodils, or hyacinths in pots.  Leave them somewhere sheltered and you’ll be rewarded with early green shoots, followed by lovely flowers.

Available in garden centres and supermarkets everywhere.

Thanks, Prettytom, I appreciate that, a lot.

I'm no longer living in The U.K, much to my regret. I really miss the seasons of the U.K (apart from winter!)  I'd forgotten about the smaller tete a tete daffodils, they're so nice to see.

• Like 1

Just now, High Chaparral said:

Nobody I know puts their heating on until 1st October at the earliest. 

Yeah we like to leave it as long as we can too. For a big old house it stays pretty warm but come October we'll probably we using the heating, bringing the supplementary gas heaters down from the store room and putting the heavy curtains up. 

17 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah we like to leave it as long as we can too. For a big old house it stays pretty warm but come October we'll probably we using the heating, bringing the supplementary gas heaters down from the store room and putting the heavy curtains up. 

I take it Lurch and uncle Fester are busy at this time of the year then?