whats sheffields most famous food

bassett one

4 hours ago, Draggletail said:

I've never heard of sage and onion Yorkshire puddings in Sheffield. ;) 

Certainly remember the Firwood Cottage (now the Blind Monkey) in Walkley doing both herb and plain Yorkshire's on a Sunday lunchtime - a good 30 plus years ago. Given away free, Went down well with their hand pumped Tetley's while we were playing domino's.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Sage and onion Yorkshire puddings.  I’m not sure if they are a Sheffield native food, but here in Newcastle/Gateshead no one has heard of them, it’s just plain Yorkshire Puddings  up here  in Newcastle.

I've always known them as season puddings. The Railway on Broughton Lane, now the Noose and Gibbet, used to bring a tray round for free every Sunday lunch time, when Jack and Brenda Horsefield had it.

On 24/09/2024 at 07:57, crisispoint said:

I've always known them as season puddings. The Railway on Broughton Lane, now the Noose and Gibbet, used to bring a tray round for free every Sunday lunch time, when Jack and Brenda Horsefield had it.

Yep. I’ll agree with you there crisispoint, seasoned puddings. My grandma did em on a coal burning Yorkshire range. There again she could cook anything. Also back in the day on the buses the canteen in East Bank Road garage (now Olive Grove) used to serve em. Delicious.

• Like 1