Trans rape crisis centre director not defending victims

Well, I for one am shocked.  By which I mean I'm not.   This is the place where the CEO told women to 'reframe their trauma' if they wanted to ensure that their counselling and recovery experience would be within a women only, single-sex space. 

The information that came out at the tribunal was absolutely astonishing.  For example, the CEO described Beira's Place, the rape crisis centre entirely funded by JK Rowling as:

This new organisation has been founded on a platform of exclusion, misinformation and what I would describe as white feminist imperialism, that interesting combination of the flaws of white feminism and the white saviourism of colonialists and, of course, capitalism of which the founder is a beneficiary

Interesting way of describing the purchase of a building, its funding, its staffing and generally ensuring the continued existence of a rape crisis centre.

This, in bold, is monstrous:

It also stated that centre's chief executive officer – a trans woman – failed to behave professionally and did not understand the limits of her authority.

The report, commissioned by Rape Crisis Scotland, found that Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre had not put survivors first or adhered to national service standards.

The charity has paused new referrals to the centre and said it was "extremely concerned" that women-only spaces had not been provided for 16 months.

2 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Well, I for one am shocked.  By which I mean I'm not.   This is the place where the CEO told women to 'reframe their trauma' if they wanted to ensure that their counselling and recovery experience would be within a women only, single-sex space. 

The information that came out at the tribunal was absolutely astonishing.  For example, the CEO described Beira's Place, the rape crisis centre entirely funded by JK Rowling as:

Interesting way of describing the purchase of a building, its funding, its staffing and generally ensuring the continued existence of a rape crisis centre.

This, in bold, is monstrous:

Yup. It's all very distasteful. 

• Thanks 1

NNRoz Adams, who has short blonde hair, glasses and a black puffy jacket, looks into the camera

Image caption,

Roz Adams' tribunal ruled that an investigation into her conduct should not have happened

'Ms Adams' tribunal, which concluded in May, centred on a disciplinary process that began after she repeatedly sought clarity on how to respond to an abuse survivor who wanted to know if a support worker who identified as non-binary was a man or a woman.

Some people who do not consider themselves to have a solely male or female gender identity describe themselves as non-binary.

Ms Adams' view was that people using the centre should have a choice over who they receive support from on the basis of sex, and that sex is binary and "everyone is either male or female at that level".

The tribunal found that an investigation into Ms Adams' conduct should not have been launched and “was clearly motivated by a strong belief amongst the senior management and some of the claimant’s colleagues that the claimant’s views were inherently hateful".

It said that Ms Wadhwa was “the invisible hand behind everything that had taken place.”

Ms Adams has since gone on to work for Beira's Place - a women-only support service for victims of sexual violence, partly funded by JK Rowling'.

PNoublicise 'definition of woman'

14 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Clown world.

I mean, imagine even arguing about protecting women only spaces.

But what is a 'woman'??? Apparently just saying you are means you are... regardless of if you display any of the physical or biological attributes.

Then they go onto the extremes of 'well, not all women can have children, so are they not women?'. Totally missing the point and the difference between a woman with an medical issue and a biological man.

As i once had a lengthy back and forth with someone - an anomaly doesn't disprove the fundamental fact that there are 2 sexes and it is only the female that can become pregnant. There might be some cases where there's been a fault in the manufacturing, but that doesn't put things on a spectrum - it's just an anomaly and not an exception that proves a rule.

Then you get to 'gender' which seems to just be nothing more than personality traits, outside of male and female. It is not hateful or phobic to question this as ignoring the impact this has on society for the sake of being 'inclusive' could have sever consequences for some sections of the population.

It seems to be nothing more than either a mental health issue or people attempting to subvert the norm to try and make themselves more interesting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

But what is a 'woman'??? Apparently just saying you are means you are... regardless of if you display any of the physical or biological attributes.

Then they go onto the extremes of 'well, not all women can have children, so are they not women?'. Totally missing the point and the difference between a woman with an medical issue and a biological man.

As i once had a lengthy back and forth with someone - an anomaly doesn't disprove the fundamental fact that there are 2 sexes and it is only the female that can become pregnant. There might be some cases where there's been a fault in the manufacturing, but that doesn't put things on a spectrum - it's just an anomaly and not an exception that proves a rule.

Then you get to 'gender' which seems to just be nothing more than personality traits, outside of male and female. It is not hateful or phobic to question this as ignoring the impact this has on society for the sake of being 'inclusive' could have sever consequences for some sections of the population.

It seems to be nothing more than either a mental health issue or people attempting to subvert the norm to try and make themselves more interesting. 

Indeed, or they never get any attention so want some.

• Like 1