Ban on junk food TV adverts

9 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I was asking for evidence. You know, science and stuff.

As far as I know, there is no credible evidence that sweeteners are harmful to human health 

I know you were.  But I’m not a scientist and neither am I interested enough in this topic to go trawling through the internet on this subject to link to academic research on this. I just giving my experience. However, just for you, this is from Harvard Medical School 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/sugar-substitutes-new-cardiovascular-concerns

9 hours ago, crisispoint said:

I've looked at some research and while there are links between sweeteners and poor health outcomes and links between sugar and obesity and other poor health outcomes I can't find causal links.

Causal links are problematic with this. People that drink a lot of ‘diet’ drinks may well have a less healthy diet and lifestyle than people than don’t drink them at all or just occasionally.

• Like 1

We all know what's good and what is bad for us, just using your common sense would be a start.

I do obviously understand that not everyone has this particular trait but for those that don't here's some free advice.

Try and consume as little sugar as possible.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

We all know what's good and what is bad for us, just using your common sense would be a start.

I do obviously understand that not everyone has this particular trait but for those that don't here's some free advice.

Try and consume as little sugar as possible.

That is good advice and I’m going to take it (without drinking lots of sugar free pop as a substitute 👍)