Census may have overestimated number of trans people in England and Wales

22 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Have you actually met any? 

Yes - but also there have been a number of stories recently in the media involving 'trans' women dressing inappropriately in the work place. The Canadian teacher with humongous fake breasts and the public sector worker dressed in fetish wear for the office.

I worked with a trans person a few years ago and gave a record of my experience on another thread.

4 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Yes - but also there have been a number of stories recently in the media involving 'trans' women dressing inappropriately in the work place. The Canadian teacher with humongous fake breasts and the public sector worker dressed in fetish wear for the office.

I worked with a trans person a few years ago and gave a record of my experience on another thread.

Linky please.

The media stories I always take with a large pinch of salt given they usually appear in publications which like to caricature / stereotype trans men,

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

I think there are people who genuinely believe they are 'born in the wrong' body but no one can actually explain what that means other than people feeling a bit off... but that could explain anything.

I do believe that many are using it as a way to subvert the norm and cause a stir - for me, just call it cross dressing and have done with it i.e. men who enjoy dressing as women.

I read an interesting piece a while ago about Bella Ramsey, the young actress - she claims she's non-binary and felt a thrill when someone thought she was male. That explains it all - it's not a gender identity, it's a fetish.

My bold

I agree. 

My take on the issue is this. If a man wants to say he's a woman then good luck. He's welcome to do that and I wish him well but he won't be allowed to go in the toilet/changing room whilst my daughter is in there because I'd prevent it. I also won't call him she. I'll use the female name he goes by but I won't buy into the delusion that he's actually a woman. 

I also don't agree with biological men identifying as women to win sports trophies, titles etc..

Women's spaces/sports are for biological women and girls only in my opinion. They've had to work damned hard to get them. It's outrageous they are being forced to give them away. 

Also, if a woman wants to identify as a man then cool. Again, good luck and I wish them well. I'll call them by the masculine name they go by but that's it. I won't say she's a man when she isn't. 

I'm sure some here will now jump on me and call me names but that's fine. Say what you want but I, like you all am entitled to my own opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

If a man wants to say he's a woman then good luck. He's welcome to do that and I wish him well but he won't be allowed to go in the toilet/changing room whilst my daughter is in there because I'd prevent it.

How would you know if it was a he?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Whatever.

Linky please, as above.

Well, no, not 'whatever' because you're trying to pull me up but you're the one who has potentially just misgendered and caused offence.

I'm just holding you to the standards you're advocating the rest of us live up to. So what did you mean? Did you mean biological men identifying as women which would make them trans women?

Just now, Longcol said:

How would you know if it was a he?

You keep asking for links - you can just Google this stuff - there have been plenty of stories of biological men who show no interest in transitioning accessing female spaces.

You're either lazy and don't pay attention to what's happening in the media, or you're refusing to acknowledge it to push the trans narrative.

Just now, leviathan13 said:

Well, no, not 'whatever' because you're trying to pull me up but you're the one who has potentially just misgendered and caused offence.

I'm just holding you to the standards you're advocating the rest of us live up to. So what did you mean? Did you mean biological men identifying as women which would make them trans women?

Just link to your claim that you worked with a trans person.

Just now, leviathan13 said:

You keep asking for links - you can just Google this stuff - there have been plenty of stories of biological men who show no interest in transitioning accessing female spaces.

You're either lazy and don't pay attention to what's happening in the media, or you're refusing to acknowledge it to push the trans narrative.

I think we just want to read about your interactions with this trans person you worked with.