Self service in supermarkets

Just now, The_DADDY said:

It's scandalous. Cash is King, or at least used to be.

Any retailer who refuses cash is a retailer I don't give my custom to. 

It's like Barclays & other banks , very few actual staff available , people are meant to use the machines , some folk can't manage . Everything is supposed to be done on line now . Local banks shut . It's not fair . There is only me that is tech savvy , I know how to use computers , etc , which is good because my Mum & Phil have no idea 

1 hour ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

It's like paying for Parking in certain areas , they expect people to pay by card . Again , what happens if they don't know how to use a card ? 

It's the year 2024. How many people out there do you think are able to drive yet can't use a bloody debit card? 

How do they buy their insurance and car tax etc? 

9 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

It's like paying for Parking in certain areas , they expect people to pay by card . Again , what happens if they don't know how to use a card ? 

It's not so much that but what about the ones where you have to use the internet to pay.  That more or less means having a smart phone on a contract because there will be no free WiFi at the car park.

8 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

It's the year 2024. How many people out there do you think are able to drive yet can't use a bloody debit card? 

How do they buy their insurance and car tax etc? 

Agreed but what I think should be stopped is a requirement to download a parking payment app to pay for parking.  I haven’t come across this in Sheffield fortunately but it exists in other areas. There are people that don’t have a smartphone but also personally I don’t want to have download various different apps just to park (because they don’t all use the same payment provider).