whats on in sheffield this christmas?

Their will be a full programme of events during the Festive season at "Padders Bar"

Management are still working on the itinerary, details will be released nearer Christmas...

Also, why not take up our offer of becoming a V.I.P. member..

For just £3-60 a month, or £36 a year you can take advantage of our special offers.

Discounts on all meals,

Beer and Spirits discounted before 7pm,

Free participation in our "Special Events Nights"

Get crossword help from our expert decipher Thirsty Relic, and much more...

T@C apply..

Everyone welcome, join our happy crowd....

• Like 1

What an offer!!!!

Can I please be enrolled as soon as possible as member Numero Uno in your promising sounding Very Important P***artist Club?

For those who aren't aware, I have dedicated my life, as I know you have Mr. P, to consuming as much of the offerings at local hostelries as I could possibly manage. It's been hard at times, but like you I have persevered in sometimes difficult circumstances to get where I am today.

I'm sure you'll agree with me, that it's made us both the fine upstanding people that we are today. Although I'm not sure that  upstanding, with legs that wobble, is the proper description..

As for the other benefits of membership? Well...

The only cross words I've heard in there are those exchanged between you and the bar staff when you try to reduce their working hours,

Discounted drinks - haven't you realised yet that when you go down the cellar to change kegs we all nick a few bottles to keep us going? That's our discount.

Discounted meals - yes they should be discounted, as not fit for human consumption

And finally Special Events - why you ever considered that you playing the Spoons, and your Saturday night barmaid, fingers adorned with thimbles, playing the washboard is Special is beyond me.

However, I can see that club membership will be a great benefit to me and others who decide to join (But even more to you) and will publicise your Festive programme as widely as possible to ensure its future success. (A membership discount mind you would help to encourage me to put extra effort into this)

I wish you every success.

• Thanks 1

I'm very sorry Mr. P, some of my comments above were, I have to admit, rather harsh. Perhaps I'm wrong and that you are in fact knocking on the door to success.

Have you tried ringing the doorbell? 🤔

• Haha 1

well padders bar is the best, far better than that rubbish in town, loads of after bird, free carry you to the taxi, bit harsh if banned for more than 1 time as you cannot go back for 2 hours ,and free coffin measuring service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love Christmas, decorating the gaff and all that, but Christmas markets are just a rip-off, plain and simple.  If you go to one, you know you might like it for an hour or so, but you know you're going to get fleeced. You'll never get value for money, you just have to accept it. That said, you may get something of a one-off artisan item

• Like 1