The Woodseats Maglev Train moves one step closer... [A61 Road Improvement Plans]

15 hours ago, northernboy said:

There are a lot of good points in the proposal, and a couple that are dubious.

updating bus stops to include real time info and seats - good

bus priority signalling - they tried this before, it didn’t work, they spent thousands removing it again!

trying to address queueing into the retail park - might help

replace the subway with a crossing - long overdue

new signals for turning right onto Greenhill Avenue - definitely needed!

reviewing right-turns into side streets - don’t see the point of this at all

moving Binfield Road bus stop out of a lay-by onto main carriageway - why?

several proposals for cycling

I will be interested to see how much becomes reality.

I live on one of those side streets, unless there's a camera or something, it will be impossible to enforce.

The last time we has "traffic improvements", I said that Chesterfield Road needs to be double-yellow lined opposite these roads so traffic can get through when people are waiting to turn right. But again, I suppose it depends on enforcement. Not seen a traffic warden up here in years.

15 hours ago, northernboy said:

There are a lot of good points in the proposal, and a couple that are dubious.

updating bus stops to include real time info and seats - good

bus priority signalling - they tried this before, it didn’t work, they spent thousands removing it again!

trying to address queueing into the retail park - might help

replace the subway with a crossing - long overdue

new signals for turning right onto Greenhill Avenue - definitely needed!

reviewing right-turns into side streets - don’t see the point of this at all

moving Binfield Road bus stop out of a lay-by onto main carriageway - why?

several proposals for cycling

I will be interested to see how much becomes reality.

I live on one of those side streets, unless there's a camera or something, it will be impossible to enforce.

The last time we has "traffic improvements", I said that Chesterfield Road needs to be double-yellow lined opposite these roads so traffic can get through when people are waiting to turn right. But again, I suppose it depends on enforcement. Not seen a traffic warden up here in years.

The first diagram I don`t completely `get` ; is it including a lane to turn into Transport Club?

I use the subway; I think an extra crossing would be good to stop people running across but it will delay traffic even more - ?

I don`t see the no right turn in Woodseats doing much tbh

36 minutes ago, jemson said:

I use the subway; I think an extra crossing would be good to stop people running across but it will delay traffic even more - ?

Pedestrian safety and accessibility are generally the first priority when it comes to transport planning (as it should be). Looking at the area, it's perfectly feasible to add surface crossing without causing issues such as traffic backing up on to the roundabout, or unduly delaying traffic much.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2024 at 11:39, jemson said:

Hopefully,

Really ought to be a crossing on Dyche Lane though. Kids been knocked over getting to school more than 

It will not make no difference at all just spending money and claiming it back off government.