How long do you reckon until you're DEAD

59 minutes ago, lovelace said:

Just done this one for me & my husband,   age 88 for me & 81 for him.           We might as well eat, drink & be merry,   not got long left !

I've just done it.

I should have died 10 years ago!

18 minutes ago, lovelace said:

Yes it is.       A bit of pleasure every so often is more than worth it.        Quality not quantity.

Well lets see how you feel in February 2061 when you are near the end, when maybe you fancy seeing another summer, maybe another Christmas?

That quality not quantity may not apply then

Since turning 50 I've thought about death quite a lot.

Not because I want to die or think ill die soon. Its more a case of when I die then who will take care of this kids? They'll live with me for a long time yet in fact I think it's unlikely they'll ever be able to live independently so when I'm gone who will take care of them?

Keeps me up at night sometimes if I'm honest. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 17/09/2024 at 18:08, hauxwell said:

What a morbid thread this is. Don’t think I want to know how many years I’ve got left to live.

There’s a calculator here for those who want an idea of life expectancy.

https://www.blueprintincome.com/tools/life-expectancy-calculator-how-long-will-i-live/

I got age 85. Honestly can't see it. Hope not! 😂

1 hour ago, Draggletail said:

I got age 85. Honestly can't see it. Hope not! 😂

If you are fairly fit and a lot of 85 year olds are, and you’ve still got all of your marbles, or just the odd one are two missing, why not. 

15 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

If you are fairly fit and a lot of 85 year olds are, and you’ve still got all of your marbles, or just the odd one are two missing, why not. 

I'm not 85, (Much younger) - I got the figure 85 age of death as predicted in the survey, and I still have most of my marbles. 👍

Well I did the test and it says that I have a 50% chance of reaching 94.

The other 50% must be falling from a ladder or stepping under a bus.

Anyhow, if I survive, by the time I’m that age I’m convinced that I’ll be doolally and not know what time of day it is!😆

echo.

• Like 1

Well , I for one , am not bothered about death , nowt we can do about it . Am a great believer ,when your times up , it's up . But , I do believe that if a person with an incurable disease should have the right to end their life . For example MND , & Dementia , If I got any of those , I would be off before I wasn't able to make that decision . 

• Like 1