Who can recall this Childrens TV Programme

Wattsy

Can anyone else remember Lenny The Lion the Childrens TV Show

forgot what they called the guy who used to operate the puppet that used to sit on his arm. Lenny was a very cute Lion who spoke rather posh.

Remember it, I used to work on it, the ventriloquist was Terry Hall, we later did another programme called Read With Lenny, a spelling programme. Lenny would read a sentence and then point to the letters with his paw, the paw was actually a mate of mine wearing a Lenny glove as the Lenny puppet didnt have usable legs. It was his claim to be a film star :hihi:

I didnt work on the early series of Lenny as I was quite young, incredible to think how long a career he had, as a kid I had a Lenny the Lion piggy bank.

But "Aw, don't embawass me"

Remember it, I used to work on it, the ventriloquist was Terry Hall, we later did another programme called Read With Lenny, a spelling programme. Lenny would read a sentence and then point to the letters with his paw, the paw was actually a mate of mine wearing a Lenny glove as the Lenny puppet didnt have usable legs. It was his claim to be a film star :hihi:

I didnt work on the early series of Lenny as I was quite young, incredible to think how long a career he had, as a kid I had a Lenny the Lion piggy bank.

But "Aw, don't embawass me"

I seem to remember a ventriloquist with an obnoxious upper-class dummy complete with monocle. Lord Charles I think he was called.

Mr_Blue_Owl....

Yep, Lord Charles.....quite a good vent, though...Can't remember his name for the minute.

The dummy's catchphrase was "Silly arse"....quite risque for the time!

Remember another guy too : usually appeared in evening dress, with a dummy dog...rolled its eyes, "spoke" back to him, all the usual stuff....except at the end of the show, the dog jumped out of his arms and ran off the stage!

Never could figure it out when I was a kid....or now, come to think!

Mr_Blue_Owl....

Yep, Lord Charles.....quite a good vent, though...Can't remember his name for the minute.

Remember another guy too : usually appeared in evening dress, with a dummy dog...rolled its eyes, "spoke" back to him, all the usual stuff....except at the end of the show, the dog jumped out of his arms and ran off the stage!

Never could figure it out when I was a kid....or now, come to think!

I looked it up on the net.

All is revealed here!:

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/children/other/daisymay.htm

• 1 month later...
Mr_Blue_Owl....

Ray Allan (Allen?) was the ventriloquist, who voiced Lord Charles. not seen him in years and years - wonder if he's even still around!?!?!

I am not entirely certain that it was "arse" that LC was saying, I think he was actually saying "ass" in an upper-class accent (you know Glarse for glass, Parse for pass etc) i think that's why it "parsed" the censor! lol

I seem to remember a ventriloquist with an obnoxious upper-class dummy complete with monocle. Lord Charles I think he was called.

He was brilliant, the only ventiloquist that managed to forge a career on radio, actually I have just remembered that was Archie Andrews!

He was brilliant, the only ventiloquist that managed to forge a career on radio, actually I have just remembered that was Archie Andrews!

I suppose that having a ventriloquist on the radio, was a bit like the radio shows where they had jugglers on....?

I suppose that having a ventriloquist on the radio, was a bit like the radio shows where they had jugglers on....?

Lets not forget Radio Twos Terry Wogan and his radio Fireworks display on November 5th Totaly animal friendly

No sorry it WAS Ray Allen and Lord Charles. Archie Andrews was a schoolboy puppet in charge of his puppeteer Peter Brough.

I used to love lenny the Lion I had a hand puppet bought me for my birthday when I was about 8 i guess. I nkept it so long that the rubber face on it perished and fell to bits.

I alos had pinky or perky puppet, remember them? couldn't afford both.

Archived