Sheffield's First Dutch-Style Roundabout Nears Completion at West Bar

See if anyone can answer a couple of things for me, as I'm no longer enjoying this interchange every day...

1. I'm sure they were building this in March 2023 when I left... and it's not finished yet? Is it different to original plan?

2. A Safer, More Sustainable Link Between City Centre and Kelham

I see this phrase often in politics and SCC... more does 'more sustainable' mean in this context? Will it last longer than the last layout?

3. 'making it safer and easier for people to navigate the city in a more active way'

What would make Sheffield safer isn't 'Dutch style roundabouts', it's 'Asian style policing'.

If the police navigated the city 'in a more active way', there wouldn't need safer options for the public to navigate the city.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

2. A Safer, More Sustainable Link Between City Centre and Kelham

I see this phrase often in politics and SCC... more does 'more sustainable' mean in this context? Will it last longer than the last layout?

The “sustainable” label in this context usually applies to the mode of travel, ie walking, cycling and public transport being “ sustainable”, but motorised transport not.

• Like 4

On 22/09/2024 at 12:32, *_ash_* said:

3. 'making it safer and easier for people to navigate the city in a more active way'

What would make Sheffield safer isn't 'Dutch style roundabouts', it's 'Asian style policing'.

If the police navigated the city 'in a more active way', there wouldn't need safer options for the public to navigate the city.

It means it makes people on foot or on bikes can get around more safely. I'm at much greater risk from motorised transport than I am from some goon with a knife.

• Haha 1