Personal Recommendations For Halal Beef

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

I could kill a chicken no problem, a pig or a cow, I couldn't do it.

Not even a chicken,  I was next to an old woman on a bus and she said she had strangled a chicken,   I couldn't be a farmer's wife.

10 minutes ago, cressida said:

Not even a chicken,  I was next to an old woman on a bus and she said she had strangled a chicken,   I couldn't be a farmer's wife.

How on earth did your conversation get to the point of her telling you she strangled a chicken?

Although thinking about it, if it was bus route no 1 I could understand it as there are some proper weirdos on there!!

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

How on earth did your conversation get to the point of her telling you she strangled a chicken?

Although thinking about it, if it was bus route no 1 I could understand it as there are some proper weirdos on there!!

She broached the subject,  we were driving past cattle in fields - think it was Yorkshire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Aye because in the normal way they take them into a field, give them a hug and sing them  a lullaby before giving them a gentle injection to send them to sleep first... 

Every village has one and you must be yours p...k

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I try not to think about how they kill animals as it would put me off my chops n steaks.

Exactly, I cant imagine a "normal " abattoir is a great place full of lullabies and meadows, makes me laugh how people get up in arms about the Halal way of slaughter when the "normal" way is hardly a barrel of laughs. If you felt that strongly about it you wouldnt eat meat at all.

Edited by HeHasRisen

I do think animals should be stunned before having their throats cut, hopefully if done correctly it causes the animal to lose consciousness, I’d like to think it then can’t feel pain. 

There was some talk a number of years ago by government that all slaughterhouses will have to have a vet in them or CCTV, not sure if this legislation became law.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I do think animals should be stunned before having their throats cut, hopefully if done correctly it causes the animal to lose consciousness, I’d like to think it then can’t feel pain. 

There was some talk a number of years ago by government that all slaughterhouses will have to have a vet in them or CCTV, not sure if this legislation became law.

Good idea stop any acts of cruelty. 

1 minute ago, gaz 786 said:

Good idea stop any acts of cruelty. 

There was a case a few years ago a guy at page hall was cutting the throats of live goats over an open sewer ...disgusting he was fined and rspca took all the animals away!