South Yorkshire to Ban Junk Food Adverts on Buses and Trams

Carrots are a ‘healthy’ food.  But if we relied on carrots for most of food intake we would run into all sorts of problems with nutritional deficiencies and would probably turn orange.

Moral of this? We need a balanced diet.  Looking at the nutritional value of a food in isolation isn’t the full picture.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, peak4 said:

Just had this pop up on my feed
Looks like SYTM have an open day on Sunday
https://sytm.co.uk/

Don't quite know what the connection between SYTM (a preservation group) and Coppards 'public consultation' is, but, hey.

Or, even what 'banning junk food ads on buses' (there aren't any) have in common.

Edited by RollingJ

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Don't quite know what the connection between SYTM (a preservation group) and Coppards 'public consultation' is, but, hey.

Or, even what 'banning junk food ads on buses' (there aren't any) have in common.

Various campaigns are launched at a variety of venues, and this campaign and museum do have public transport in common.

Maybe folk who feel strongly enough should take part in the consultation, rather than decry it from the outside, or complain about the conclusions after completion.
Re the junk food ad, it's been explained before; It's not just about current advertising, and not just S. Yorks.
It is also about future advertising, and this may be relevant as the various mayoral authorities seek to follow models such  as Bee in Manchester.
 Partially explained here amongst other places.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/492564-south-yorkshire-to-ban-junk-food-adverts-on-buses-and-trams/page/3/#comment-8872271

12 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Various campaigns are launched at a variety of venues, and this campaign and museum do have public transport in common.

Maybe folk who feel strongly enough should take part in the consultation, rather than decry it from the outside, or complain about the conclusions after completion.
Re the junk food ad, it's been explained before; It's not just about current advertising, and not just S. Yorks.
It is also about future advertising, and this may be relevant as the various mayoral authorities seek to follow models such  as Bee in Manchester.
 Partially explained here amongst other places.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/492564-south-yorkshire-to-ban-junk-food-adverts-on-buses-and-trams/page/3/#comment-8872271

The 'campaign'  has nothing to do with SYTM - a vehicle preservation group.

I'm aware of the previous 'explanation' , but as has been previously stated, you don't see food ads on buses in South Yorkshire - as someone who travels around the region,  and further afield , I have noticed this.

Edited by RollingJ

I had to laugh when I read on the web site that there are no buses passing the Transport museum and assess from the tram or Train is not easy meaning that people have to drive to reach the transport museum yes there is a special service for the open day but what about the other 364 days of the year. Welcome to Sheffield

12 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

I had to laugh when I read on the web site that there are no buses passing the Transport museum and assess from the tram or Train is not easy meaning that people have to drive to reach the transport museum yes there is a special service for the open day but what about the other 364 days of the year. Welcome to Sheffield

Rotherham, actually. And public transport doesn't go everywhere.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1