South Yorkshire to Ban Junk Food Adverts on Buses and Trams

4 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Off piste I know but that video as highlighted above came up on my Twitter feed. I watched it (I needed a laugh). Why does he get off a bus wearing a British Rail peaked cap?

A little worrying (to me) that SYTM agreed to hosting that political broadcast, but I imagine (hope?) they got something for the trouble.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

A little worrying (to me) that SYTM agreed to hosting that political broadcast, but I imagine (hope?) they got something for the trouble.

Well, I guess it is transport related, the publicity won’t do them any harm and as you say hopefully they got some spondulicks for their trouble. But I say again, what was he doing wearing a British Rail cap? It doesn’t make any sense.

Took me back seeing those proper buses again. Apparently they’ve got a Dominator. Ye Gods.

On 25/09/2024 at 11:02, SheffieldForum said:

Wider National Effort to Restrict Junk Food Ads

The ban is part of a larger national effort to tackle unhealthy food advertising.

It is already in force on London’s public transport network, with other regions such as Greater Manchester and Liverpool also planning to implement the ban.

In South Yorkshire, the removal of junk food adverts will be rolled out once local authorities gain greater control over bus services.

I really do wonder if some contributors to this topic should go back and read the opening post from which the above excerpt is taken.
After that also read a dictionary and understand the meaning of future tense. 😉

From a different authority; same agreement

Mayor Kim McGuinness has backed Jamie Oliver’s ‘AdEnough’ campaign

The commitment means any Mayor introducing bus franchising powers will ban the adverts, with the same ban introduced on Metro systems, over the coming years.

Coppard's franchising proposals are publicly open for discussion, and I believe there is even a separate thread on here about it.

Re. SYTM, yes I know it's a museum, have some understanding of its aims, visit occasionally, and have worked on a couple of members' vehicles there.
Curious as to why it should need a 365 day bus service when it's only open to the public every second Sunday in the month. link to their web site, which provides details.
When it is open, there certainly used to be a shuttle bus from Rotherham bus station; it's still advertised as such.

8 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I really do wonder if some contributors to this topic should go back and read the opening post from which the above excerpt is taken.

Except, as I have also stated numerous times in this thread, you already don't see food, 'junk' or otherwise,adverts on buses in South Yorkshire . Admit I don't know for 100% certaintity about the trams, but none spring to mind.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Except, as I have also stated numerous times in this thread, you already don't see food, 'junk' or otherwise,adverts on buses in South Yorkshire . Admit I don't know for 100% certaintity about the trams, but none spring to 

3 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:
11 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Except, as I have also stated numerous times in this thread, you already don't see food, 'junk' or otherwise,adverts on buses in South Yorkshire . Admit I don't know for 100% certaintity about the trams, but none spring to 

Oops. Don’t know what happened above, sorry. I was about to say one of the adverts shown in the phot is advertising cheese. That’s an artisnal product, hardly junk food.

Edited by YorkieontheTyne
  • Like 1