Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Be nice and stop with the personal digs please, folks.

Discuss the topics, not the posters.

Personal digs? Blimey, did someone report my comment about Tony as an admin?  Fantastic :hihi: .  That's some hair trigger button pressing.  Tony was a top bloke as an admin, as I recall, and I'd be disappointed if he didn't take the comment in the spirit in which it was intended.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Hamas leader thought to have been killed.

If true, many folk will sleep easier tonight knowing the leader of a terrorist government has got his just desserts.

They'll be the next in line following in his footsteps.

Wonderful news, not least for Palastinians.

From the photo doing the rounds it looks like they used the same point of entry that the Israeli surgeon used when they saved his life from a brain tumour. How fitting.

Just now, Tony said:

Wonderful news, not least for Palastinians.

From the photo doing the rounds it looks like they used the same point of entry that the Israeli surgeon used when they saved his life from a brain tumour. How fitting.

Indeed, especially those who didn't vote them in.

The view from the Defence Secretary:

British Defence Secretary John Healey says the UK is still waiting for confirmation from Israel that the leader of Hamas, Yahya Sinwar, has been killed.

But he says if it is correct: "I for one, will not mourn the death of a terror leader like Sinwar - someone who was responsible for the terror attack on October 7th."

Healey says he and the government are conscious that it "triggered not just the darkest, deadliest day for the Jewish people since the Second World War, but that it’s triggered more than a year of conflict and an intolerable level of civilian Palestinian casualties”.

• Like 2