Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Dropping in to ask people to not get personal, and to debate the subject.

This is a very nuanced and emotive topic, with a lot of history and complexities on all sides. You've done well so far, but please don't let it degrade to arguing or shutting each other down.

Remember, not all support for palestine is support for the terrorist group Hamas or the horrific events of 7th October. Likewise, not all criticism of Israel is anti-semetic, and not all support for the military activities of Israel is outright support for everything Israel.

There are nuances to all sides and each argument should be debated properly and respectfully.

Common sense .  Sadly missing these days. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geared said:

Quite, on one side you've got a Military/Government out of control, on the other side you've got bloodthirsty terrorists.  Stuck in the middle are civilians taking a terrible toll from both sides.

To try and explain away anyone's actions as simply a matter of 'perspective' is sickening.

So whats the difference between the hostages held in Israel and the hostages held in Gaza?

They are all hostages, but our media call those in Israel "prisoners"..

as i said, whether it upsets you or whether it doesnt, its all about perspectives..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

So whats the difference between the hostages held in Israel and the hostages held in Gaza?

They are all hostages, but our media call those in Israel "prisoners"..

as i said, whether it upsets you or whether it doesnt, its all about perspectives..

Got to agree with this .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

its all words and hot air..... we are all waiting for actions

What sort of actions would you like?  Sir Keir  suggests two separate states.

Edited by cressida

1 hour ago, cressida said:

What sort of actions would you like?  Sir Keir  suggests two separate states.

It doesnt matter what Starmer wants, he has zero influence on anyone, he is a non entity...

Hes finally changed his tune though,  he was content with the genocide being committed not so long, hes nothing but a weather vain...

what would i like to see? id like to see the Israelis giving the land back that they have stolen, and return all the Palestinian people that they have locked up without any charges, will it happen? not a chance

6 hours ago, banjodeano said:

hahaha,

Another one giving out the abuse, guess you are really stuck for a reasoned reply?..

You call me the idiot, but you believe all the hype from our media, you didnt even know that Iran had weapons and technology that could get past the iron dome, you were laughing saying they gave it their best shot and failed, and then Iran went and proved you and the brainwashing media wrong...

As i said, Israel had literally hundreds of hostages, even before October last year...go on, prove me wrong???

Exactly..

Funny also that Israeli intelligence can sabotage pagers and walkie talkies, mobiles with explosives- but didn't know about Oct 7th..