Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

30 minutes ago, Delbow said:

If you think Peak4 is trying to justify terrorism then you have simply failed to understand their post. This wouldn't be at all surprising, since you often get the wrong end of the stick unless people triple the word count to spell it out and dumb it down. That in itself isn't surprising either, because the average reading ability of Britons is not very good. Both my kids were ahead of the UK average before they finished primary school. I expect Peak4 was as well. 

You owe Peak4 an apology without even understanding why.

I assure you I'm not expecting an apology, nor seeking one.
Personal attacks, particularly falsely inflated ones tend to wash over.
I think the "understanding why" is very much present, hence my previous references to straw men a couple of times.
i.e. deliberately misinterpret/misquote something, in order to use it as an attack on a poster, over a point which they haven't made.

It also encourages other posters to join in, who may or may not realise that the premise of the objection is entirely false/fabricated.
Similar to legitimate and valid discussions over immigration, as opposed to claims of "mass uncontrolled immigration" to the UK on a different thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but apparently there was a failed drone attack on Netanyahu recently. 

It didn’t fail it actually hit Netanyahu s residence unless you mean failed to kill him. I think it’s hezbollahs way of showing that they can fly drones undetected and is a bit embarrassing for israel with all of Israel’s military advancement over Hezbollah.

4 minutes ago, mafya said:

It didn’t fail it actually hit Netanyahu s residence unless you mean failed to kill him. I think it’s hezbollahs way of showing that they can fly drones undetected and is a bit embarrassing for israel with all of Israel’s military advancement over Hezbollah.

Yeah, lazy wording. It failed to kill him.

4 hours ago, Delbow said:

If you think Peak4 is trying to justify terrorism then you have simply failed to understand their post. This wouldn't be at all surprising, since you often get the wrong end of the stick unless people triple the word count to spell it out and dumb it down. That in itself isn't surprising either, because the average reading ability of Britons is not very good. Both my kids were ahead of the UK average before they finished primary school. I expect Peak4 was as well. 

You owe Peak4 an apology without even understanding why.

😂

Had a bad day?

3 hours ago, peak4 said:

I assure you I'm not expecting an apology, nor seeking one.
Personal attacks, particularly falsely inflated ones tend to wash over.
I think the "understanding why" is very much present, hence my previous references to straw men a couple of times.
i.e. deliberately misinterpret/misquote something, in order to use it as an attack on a poster, over a point which they haven't made.

It also encourages other posters to join in, who may or may not realise that the premise of the objection is entirely false/fabricated.
Similar to legitimate and valid discussions over immigration, as opposed to claims of "mass uncontrolled immigration" to the UK on a different thread.

Apologies if it came across as you justifying terrorism as ive absolutely no doubt you think nothing of the kind. I didn't present my post in a good way and for that I apologise.

Al.

• Like 1