Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

18 hours ago, redruby said:

I think it’s because we tend to hear a fair bit about the Muslim religion in one way or another in our day to day lives.  I have no interest in any religion but respect others to follow theirs if they wish.  I have known a few people of the Christian faith who I’ve felt were very judgmental.  I’m sure not all Christians are like that but it didn’t give me a positive impression of  Christianity.  Likewise I’ve known Muslims who haven’t created a favourable impression for various reasons.  I’ve also met Muslims who are good people.  I think the issue is that there are good and bad in all faiths but what we shouldn’t do is either negatively stereotype followers of religions or for followers of religions to feel all members of their faith beyond criticism and take any criticism personally.

Or in most cases, the media uses the word 'Muslim' far too often and loosely. Even on SF, when it's not necessary.

You also have majority of Muslim countries in ME, that have been destroyed by war (from West) that brings up news feeds. So it's fed daily and constantly on news.

When there's any terrorist act, ppl jump at assumptions and news frenzy hope its a "Muslim terrorist". If its not, you never hear the mention of that person/ persons religion or not belief.

Edited by Baz1

1 hour ago, Baz1 said:

Or in most cases, the media uses the word 'Muslim' far too often and loosely. Even on SF, when it's not necessary.

You also have majority of Muslim countries in ME, that have been destroyed by war (from West) that brings up news feeds. So it's fed daily and constantly on news.

When there's any terrorist act, ppl jump at assumptions and news frenzy hope its a "Muslim terrorist". If its not, you never hear the mention of that person/ persons religion or not belief.

That's all very true, including redruby's comment.

The world would be a much nicer place if we could all leave the prejudice and hatred behind and if the West would stop interfering in other countries.

The UN was set up to provide an International body with the aim of keeping peace.  Beef it up and insist on adherence to International Law for everyone including the big boys.

The people with deep held prejudices,  and we all know some,  will eventually see that the fighting and nastiness stops and  every couple can raise their kids in peace and safety.

Air Force man sets himself on fire outside Israeli embassy in Washington DC

A member of the US Air Force is in a critical condition after setting himself on fire in front of the Israeli embassy in Washington.

Officers from the US Secret Service extinguished the flames before the man was taken to hospital on Sunday afternoon with serious injuries.

The US Air Force confirmed an active-duty serviceman was involved but he has not been identified.

The police, the Secret Service and other authorities are investigating.

In a video that was live streamed on Twitch, the man identified himself and said he was a serving member of the Air Force.

Before setting himself on fire, he said he would "no longer be complicit in genocide" and he was heard shouting "Free Palestine" as he burned.

A bomb disposal unit was sent to the site over concerns about a suspicious vehicle that could have been connected to the individual.

This was later declared safe after no hazardous materials were found.

No embassy staff members were injured in the incident, said a spokeswoman for the embassy.

The Israeli foreign ministry said the man was not known to embassy staff.

It is not the first time someone has self-immolated in front of an Israeli diplomatic mission in the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68398479.amp

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Air Force man sets himself on fire outside Israeli embassy in Washington DC

A member of the US Air Force is in a critical condition after setting himself on fire in front of the Israeli embassy in Washington.

Officers from the US Secret Service extinguished the flames before the man was taken to hospital on Sunday afternoon with serious injuries.

The US Air Force confirmed an active-duty serviceman was involved but he has not been identified.

The police, the Secret Service and other authorities are investigating.

In a video that was live streamed on Twitch, the man identified himself and said he was a serving member of the Air Force.

Before setting himself on fire, he said he would "no longer be complicit in genocide" and he was heard shouting "Free Palestine" as he burned.

A bomb disposal unit was sent to the site over concerns about a suspicious vehicle that could have been connected to the individual.

This was later declared safe after no hazardous materials were found.

No embassy staff members were injured in the incident, said a spokeswoman for the embassy.

The Israeli foreign ministry said the man was not known to embassy staff.

It is not the first time someone has self-immolated in front of an Israeli diplomatic mission in the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68398479.amp

He sounds a bit silly.

34 minutes ago, despritdan said:

He sounds a bit silly.

That statement says more about you than it does about him.

I have been watching the ICJ hearings regarding Israel’s occupation, 52 different countries have stated their case as well as a few organisations and looks like the tide is turning against the illegal Israeli occupation.

Shamefully the USA and Britain spoke up in defence of Israel and have shown the world how shameless and hypocritical they are.

Israel has lost this wat and at the same time shown the world how much of a rogue terrorist state it is.
Israel has undeclared nuclear weapons yet certain western countries always go on about other countries trying to obtain them but not a peep about Israel.

It seems to me that Hamas has achieved what it set out to do although at a high cost of innocent human lives on both sides.

Israel has lost any moral high ground it had and plenty of well educated lawyers have stated at the ICJ that israel is breaking international laws multiple times and its actions are genocidal.

Critisism of Israel is not anti semitic as one lawyer pointed out either…

1 hour ago, mafya said:

I have been watching the ICJ hearings regarding Israel’s occupation, 52 different countries have stated their case as well as a few organisations and looks like the tide is turning against the illegal Israeli occupation.

Shamefully the USA and Britain spoke up in defence of Israel and have shown the world how shameless and hypocritical they are.

Israel has lost this wat and at the same time shown the world how much of a rogue terrorist state it is.
Israel has undeclared nuclear weapons yet certain western countries always go on about other countries trying to obtain them but not a peep about Israel.

It seems to me that Hamas has achieved what it set out to do although at a high cost of innocent human lives on both sides.

Israel has lost any moral high ground it had and plenty of well educated lawyers have stated at the ICJ that israel is breaking international laws multiple times and its actions are genocidal.

Critisism of Israel is not anti semitic as one lawyer pointed out either…

Nuke the lot 💣

4 hours ago, gaz678 said:

Nuke the lot 💣

That is not the answer fella, I’m hoping a 2 state solution is sorted out so that both the Palestinians and Israelis can get on with living instead of being at war with each other. 
I think Netanyahu and his right wing govt need to end up in the war crimes court…

• Like 1