Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

Well it has made my day as I've been pushing for this here and on another forum,  the USA and other countries are sending food and other supplies into Gaza at last.

Edited by cressida

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

This might seem like a radical idea to some......

But why doesn't the US just stop giving them weapons and training to blow the innocents to bits?

the US are trying to pretend that they really care, whereas they really just dont give a monkeys

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

But why doesn't the US just stop giving them weapons and training to blow the innocents to bits?

the US are trying to pretend that they really care, whereas they really just dont give a monkeys

Some truth there🤨

12 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Exactly my thoughts too.

29 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Of course they do.  they are the ones supplying arms and using their veto to stop a cease fire.

Fortunately,  the world has a better sense of right and wrong than Biden and you do.

Our hero.

🥰

13 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Maybe your news sources a biased? Not saying they are, just that they might be and I still don't see how you can say you know a majority of Israelis support the war. Not long ago I was convinced most Palestinians supported hamas. I made that claim on here but I don't believe that to be the case anymore.

Nothing wrong about revising your opinion. 👍

49 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I'm sure they do care, as The US needs to keep its influence in one of the few friendly (to the US) states in the region.
They [many US politicians] may not be concerned about a few Muslims, but they do care about Israel.
The influential Heritage Foundation, even has a section on Israel specifically, though notably it's not been updated since 2022, so maybe they consider the Gaza problem as a minor blip in their long term objectives.

Recommendations
Do not open a consulate for Palestinian affairs in Jerusalem.

Establishing a consulate in Jerusalem would infringe on Israel’s sovereign rights and send a dangerous signal that the Biden Administration would support a divided Jerusalem.

Any consulate that is opened should be located in Ramallah, the city that hosts the headquarters of the Palestinian Authority.

No other country in the world has both a consulate general and a U.S. embassy in the same city.

Strengthen U.S.‐Israeli strategic cooperation.

The political instability that has plagued the Middle East in recent years underscores the fact that Israel is America’s most reliable, stable, and effective ally in the region.

Congress should support all efforts to enhance strategic cooperation with Israel, particularly in intelligence sharing, missile defense, cyber defense, and counter terrorism efforts.

Remember the presidential advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski.
I [John Pilger]  quoted to him his autobiography in which he admitted that his grand scheme for drawing the Soviets into Afghanistan had created “a few stirred up Muslims”.

“Do you have any regrets?” I asked. “Regrets! Regrets! What regrets?”

It seems little has changed in American foreign policy; personally I think Biden himself is against Israel's current actions, but his hands are tied by the rest  US politics generally.
I don't recall the exact issue now, but when ( the then president) Obama suggested some peace moves in the area, other US politicians openly told Netenyahu, don't worry, we won't let him do that.