Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

6 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

Well no, but that's kind of my point. It was made to sound like Iran is totally innocent and has been attacked out of nowhere. If you fund terrorist organisations to go and rape and mutilate women and children, then you can't start crying when it comes full circle. If you play with fire you get burnt.

The USA and others support Israel that is an apartheid state that is continuously annexing Palestinian land,  controlling how Palestinians live including food, water and electric and  uses military detention to lock up palestinians including young children for years on end without charge.

Iran isn’t Snow White but you can’t expect them to get attacked and then not retaliate.

Israel is its own worst enemy and it constantly has to be the victim in order to ride roughshod over everyone else and then they wonder why not everyone like Israel.

Israel is a state not aJewish and people need to stop conflating the two.

Each and every Country is guilty of attacking what it sees as the enemy and also defending itself against attack.   The Iranian state has vowed to destroy Israel and has pumped hundereds of millions into acheiving this end. Iran oppresses it's own people to make sure that they follow the leaders version of Islam just like other Islamic states who forcibly push the Islamic faith (choose your version of Islam). Until Muslim leaders accept equality and allow people their own decsion on how they lead their own lives there will never be peace in the middle east.

Yes there are extremist Jews who are also part of the problem.

I see our fighter planes are being used in attacks again.  Is anyone else apart from us and the US doing anything or is it just us in the whole of Europe and Scandinavia who is sticking our neck out because those are the only two I ever hear about?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spilldig said:

I see our fighter planes are being used in attacks again.  Is anyone else apart from us and the US doing anything or is it just us in the whole of Europe and Scandinavia who is sticking our neck out because those are the only two I ever hear about?

UK planes were used  to help stop the drones reaching Israel.  The planes were not used to attack anyone but were used to defend Israel from the actions of a terrorist country.   Other countries were also involved in defending Israel.

France, Jordan and America have both been named as helping to stop the drone and missile attack.

Also Iraq, Syria and Yemen have also been named as locations alongside Iran that the attack was launched from.

Edited by geared

1 hour ago, geared said:

France, Jordan and America have both been named as helping to stop the drone and missile attack.

Also Iraq, Syria and Yemen have also been named as locations alongside Iran that the attack was launched from.

It was a stupid  attack that Iran made.   Much new intelligence  information will have been learnt by Israel and their allies as a consequence of the stupid attack made by Iran. 

1 hour ago, Axe said:

It was a stupid  attack that Iran made.   Much new intelligence  information will have been learnt by Israel and their allies as a consequence of the stupid attack made by Iran. 

Yes it was stupid, it made no impact at all.

On 13/04/2024 at 11:56, cressida said:

Whatever happens the UK must keep out of it,  this time we must not do what the U.S.  may want us to do.  imo it would not be wise.

Yes we should stay out of it. America could get dragged into a wider conflict if the war hawks and industrial military complex get their way. That won't end well for America in my opinion so yes, we need to stay out of it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

Yes it was stupid, it made no impact at all.

Very stupid, but both sides are in a position where they need to respond to keep their political alliances happy.

Iran couldn't let the strike on it's consulate and General go unanswered and likewise I doubt Netanyahu can let a direct strike from Iran on Israel go unanswered either.

Perhaps if Iran has just used it's proxys, but it didn't, and that's a big escalation.

Edited by geared
  • Like 1