Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I think that's what Israel wants.

I really hope not, though you may well be correct, but I suspect it's what Netanyahu and much of his cabinet desires.
It really does feel like they are trying to drag other countries into this conflict; dread to think what might happen if they succeed.
At least Iran is trying not to rise to the bait too much at the moment, though I would expect them to offer some sort of arms supply support to Lebanon.

1 minute ago, peak4 said:

I really hope not, though you may well be correct, but I suspect it's what Netanyahu and much of his cabinet desires.
It really does feel like they are trying to drag other countries into this conflict; dread to think what might happen if they succeed.
At least Iran is trying not to rise to the bait too much at the moment, though I would expect them to offer some sort of arms supply support to Lebanon.

I really hope not too but it's just the longer this goes on the more doubt I have that anyone will stop Israel. Even if it stops today the damage to the area will take generations to fix and the loss of life is just sickening.

Only humans could do this to other humans. We really aren't a great species right now.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, mafya said:

My personal opinion is israel is continuing with impunity and that Hezbolla will end up entering into a war with Israel.

The cynic in me wonders if the hand of Putin is something to do with the Hezbollah attacks in order to deflect from the Russian offensive in the Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah–Russia_relations

Still, no excuse for Israeli agression in Gaza and continued land grabs in the West Bank. Is the Netanyahu regime still claiming to do "targeted attacks" despite killing thousands of children and civillians, destroying infrastructure like hospitals, starving people, He should be up for war crimes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, peak4 said:

The conflict in Gaza has become deeply unpopular the longer it's continued, both internationally and at home.  Pressure to stop and call a truce has been coming in from all sides and Benny was looking increasingly isolated, a peace deal was tantalisingly close.

Then Hezbollah chucked a load of rockets into a kids playground and all hell broke loose.  Suddenly the critics stopped and Netanyahu once again has majority support. 

They've pulled him back from the brink, you can't help but think if they'd kept quiet he would be in the process of being forced from office.

45 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Rush to evacuate 10,000 British people  from Lebanon. 

Hard to believe we are supposed to be the most civilised, intelligent species on this planet isn't it?

In our opinion. Which is the only opinion we have learned to understand, up to now.

20 hours ago, geared said:

The conflict in Gaza has become deeply unpopular the longer it's continued, both internationally and at home.  Pressure to stop and call a truce has been coming in from all sides and Benny was looking increasingly isolated, a peace deal was tantalisingly close.

Then Hezbollah chucked a load of rockets into a kids playground and all hell broke loose.  Suddenly the critics stopped and Netanyahu once again has majority support. 

They've pulled him back from the brink, you can't help but think if they'd kept quiet he would be in the process of being forced from office.

The blame lies squarely with Israel, no ifs no buts and then the Israelis wonder why they are despised by their neighbours.

If a regional war kicks off then everyone will get dragged in to a possible WW3 and Western nations backing Israel should hang their heads in shame.

International law applies to anyone apart from Israel it seems and the truck load of bodies handed over by Israel would have caused outrage if they were Israelis or Americans.

The conflict in Gaza shames the rest of the world…

• Like 1

On 25/09/2024 at 17:00, Al Bundy said:

Is the correct answer.

Ask yourself this....

Who would you want in charge of your life, your views, your wife and daughter?

A... Hezbollah or Hamas

B.  Israel?

Exactly.

Thats a ridiculous question.

Its like asking whether you want Harold  Shipman or Lucy Letby in charge of your medical care.

I’ve absolutely no problem with Israel taking out as many Hezbollah operatives as they can. The issue is that they do this with scant regard for civilian life.

Because of their disregard for the lives of innocent people, it is time that they  had   major sanctions imposed upon them. Netanyahu is a war criminal and it shames us to support him.

• Like 1