Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

F7haxoWWAAAKNyI.jpg

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

i dont need to justify anything, they stole land from the palestinians, and continue to do so

For someone with such strong opinions you fail at the first hurdle. Why would anyone be interested in anything you say? Such a disappointment.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7haxoWWAAAKNyI.jpg

Edited by Tony

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

well....obviously you are interested

I am. And too many posts later I'm still interested in the evidence for your argument. 

I'm really trying here but so far you're a hollow vassel.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Let's go back a few steps.

Explain your claim of "stolen" land. We can go from your principal point.

Does it make any difference if we used the word disputed land?

10 hours ago, banjodeano said:

The fighting would stop tomorrow if America wanted it to, as DADDY says, they love to keep the wars going, it makes people rich....it takes money from the poor and puts in into reach peoples pockets...

All America has to do to stop the war is stop supplying them with weapons to commit genocide...simples

Nonsense.

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

Does it make any difference if we used the word disputed land?

I would say so.  It's not the term, it's whether there really is a legitimate dispute in the terms being expressed. There are many land and peoples disputes going back millennia but I presume that you'd no more give Kaliningrad back to Germany than you would hand over Normandy to Norway. Similarly, few would dispute of us that Crimea and the Donbas is occupied Ukraine that should go back to Ukraine if a route can be found, including war.

I'm certainly not closed to the idea of resistance but describing Gaza and the West Bank (and Shebaa Farms / Golan Heights for that matter) as "stolen land" is not correct IMO so I'm asking for the argument.  I don't think BD has one that will stand up to scrutiny but he obviously thinks different.

It's only fair for the claimant to explain the terms of their claim, especially one so serious as "stolen".  

So @banjodeano, please explain your claim. If you can't, you don't have a basis for all your other points so they can be ignored as know-nowt emotional 6th former rhetoric.  Hitchen's Razor is a basic and brutal filter but right now it applies to anything you say so it's your call. :) 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I would say so.  It's not the term, it's whether there really is a legitimate dispute in the terms being expressed. There are many land and peoples disputes going back millennia but I presume that you'd no more give Kaliningrad back to Germany than you would hand over Normandy to Norway. Similarly, few would dispute of us that Crimea and the Donbas is occupied Ukraine that should go back to Ukraine if a route can be found, including war.

I'm certainly not closed to the idea of resistance but describing Gaza and the West Bank (and Shebaa Farms / Golan Heights for that matter) as "stolen land" is not correct IMO so I'm asking for the argument.  I don't think BD has one that will stand up to scrutiny but he obviously thinks different.

It's only fair for the claimant to explain the terms of their claim, especially one so serious as "stolen".  

So @banjodeano, please explain your claim. If you can't, you don't have a basis for all your other points so they can be ignored as know-nowt emotional 6th former rhetoric.  Hitchen's Razor is a basic and brutal filter but right now it applies to anything you say so it's your call. :) 

when your debating results to name calling, then you know the argument is lost ...

11 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Can you explain why you believe they're wrong, or not?

The land was shared out by the British after the war in 1948, they gave away land that was not theirs to give, if you look at a map from 1948 onwards you can see how Israel has been taking land from the Arabs for decades..

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/7/11/how-israel-keeps-stealing-palestinian-land

• Thanks 2