Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

Well, it looks like the west is distancing itself from the lunatic Netanyahu, it seems the west have realised that any alignment with Israel would be detrimental to our own well being, i think the shock that the ballistic missiles were virtually unstoppable has come as a reality check to us, of course we could do some serious damage to Iran, but its not going to be a one way street that we assumed, it now seems like everyone is back peddling, even Biden has ruled out attacking Irans nuclear production, perhaps sanity has prevailed..

In what world do you personally think that Iran should be left alone to get on with it's evil death cult intentions?

Perhaps you could kick off with just one reason to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

In what world do you personally think that Iran should be left alone to get on with it's evil death cult intentions?

Perhaps you could kick off with just one reason to begin with.

Firstly...lets look at the facts, you call it a death cult, but how many terrorist organisations has the west supported to bring down governments not subservient to the west? you could call the west a death cult.. how many countries has the good OLD USA invaded and destabilised bring terror to the masses?

• Like 2

• Israeli air strikes on Lebanon are intensifying, with massive blasts reported in southern Beirut

• One strike hit just outside the city's international airport close to the suburb of Dahieh, a Hezbollah stronghold - the airport still appears to be operating

• Officials tell US media a key target of the strikes was Hezbollah's next potential leader Hashem Safieddine. His condition is unknown

• Lebanon's health ministry says 37 people have been killed in Israeli ground and air attacks in the past 24 hours, taking the total death toll to more than 2,000 since last October

• There are also reports a major road connecting Lebanon with Syria, where tens of thousands of people have been fleeing, has been cut off in bombing

• In Iran, the supreme leader is due to lead Friday prayers for the first time in nearly four years.

People need to get out now in case the airport is bombed.

33 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Firstly...lets look at the facts, you call it a death cult, but how many terrorist organisations has the west supported to bring down governments not subservient to the west? you could call the west a death cult.. how many countries has the good OLD USA invaded and destabilised bring terror to the masses?

Spot on .

Also let's not forget the history of Israeli governments going about their Massacres over the years- with its Western help and support.

What countries has Iran bombed or invaded- other than its fight with Iraq and support for Lebanon which is not destruction and mayhem.

Israel list of war

1. Halfa Massacre 1937

2. Jerusalem Massacre 1937

3. Haifa Massacre 1938

4. Balad al-Sheikh Massacre 1939

5. Haifa Massacre 1939

6. Haifa Massacre 1947

7. Abbasiya Massacre 1947

8. Al-Khisas Massacre 1947

9. Bab al-Amud Massacre 1947

10. Jerusalem Massacre 1947

11. Sheikh Bureik Massacre 1947

12. Jaffa Massacre 1948

13. Deir Yassin Massacre 1948

14. Qibya Massacre 1953

15. Khan Yunis Massacre 1956

16. Jerusalem Massacre 1967

17. Sabra and Shatila Massacre 1982

18. Al-Aqsa Massacre 1990

19. Ibrahimi Mosque Massacre 1994

20. Jenin Refugee Camp April 2002

21. Gaza Massacre 2008-09

22. Gaza Massacre 2012

23. Gaza Massacre 2014

24. Gaza Massacre 2018-19

25. Gaza Massacre 2021

26. Gaza Genocide 2023 is still ongoing.

DONT LET ANYONE CONVINCE YOU THAT IT STARTED ON OCTOBER 7th...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baz1 said:

Spot on .

Also let's not forget the history of Israeli governments going about their Massacres over the years- with its Western help and support.

What countries has Iran bombed or invaded- other than its fight with Iraq and support for Lebanon which is not destruction and mayhem.

Israel list of war

1. Halfa Massacre 1937

2. Jerusalem Massacre 1937

3. Haifa Massacre 1938

4. Balad al-Sheikh Massacre 1939

5. Haifa Massacre 1939

6. Haifa Massacre 1947

7. Abbasiya Massacre 1947

8. Al-Khisas Massacre 1947

9. Bab al-Amud Massacre 1947

10. Jerusalem Massacre 1947

11. Sheikh Bureik Massacre 1947

12. Jaffa Massacre 1948

13. Deir Yassin Massacre 1948

14. Qibya Massacre 1953

15. Khan Yunis Massacre 1956

16. Jerusalem Massacre 1967

17. Sabra and Shatila Massacre 1982

18. Al-Aqsa Massacre 1990

19. Ibrahimi Mosque Massacre 1994

20. Jenin Refugee Camp April 2002

21. Gaza Massacre 2008-09

22. Gaza Massacre 2012

23. Gaza Massacre 2014

24. Gaza Massacre 2018-19

25. Gaza Massacre 2021

26. Gaza Genocide 2023 is still ongoing.

DONT LET ANYONE CONVINCE YOU THAT IT STARTED ON OCTOBER 7th...

Thats just the ones we know about....

People seem to think we are the good guys, reality check folks WE ARE NOT THE GOOD GUYS...dont believe all the media crap you get shoved down your throat, think for yourselves...

Im not saying Iran is innocent, im not saying they are blameless... but for gods sake please take a balanced view...

What Israel has been doing is pure EVIL and the west has been fully supportive of it, we give them weapons to commit genocide, we give them the green light to massacre women and children, we should hang our heads in shame, and there is no way we should try and take any moral high ground...

43 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Ah, the old appeal to emotion trick. If you're genuinely interested in a proper discussion (and I think you probably are) let's stick to rationale and facts instead of common room tears and tantrums. 👍

We need to get some first principles in place if you want to go in that direction so tell us,

1. which of those invasions was to a culture / government which you would consider superior to the USA's? Just one will do. 

2.  Israeli culture and government is superior to Palestinian? Yes / no? It' a harder one to remove emotion, what-ifs and whataboutery but please give it a go. 

FTAOD on my first and overriding principles, here's what I think right now;

1. I can't identify a culture / government that the USA has invaded which is superior to the USA's. (I'm excluding John Paul Jones).

2. Yes, Israeli culture / government is superior to Palestinian. 

What's your answer?

You or anyone else could change my mind if you think I am wrong but not with emotion, whataboutery and what-ifs because I have a million of those too. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Ah, the old appeal to emotion trick. If you're genuinely interested in a proper discussion (and I think you probably are) let's stick to rationale and facts instead of common room tears and tantrums. 👍

We need to get some first principles in place if you want to go in that direction so tell us,

1. which of those invasions was to a culture / government which you would consider superior to the USA's? Just one will do. 

2.  Israeli culture and government is superior to Palestinian? Yes / no? It' a harder one to remove emotion, what-ifs and whataboutery but please give it a go. 

FTAOD on my first and overriding principles, here's what I think right now;

1. I can't identify a culture / government that the USA has invaded which is superior to the USA's. (I'm excluding John Paul Jones).

2. Yes, Israeli culture / government is superior to Palestinian. 

What's your answer?

You or anyone else could change my mind if you think I am wrong but not with emotion, whataboutery and what-ifs because I have a million of those too. 

"common room tears and tantrums"...??

I stopped reading at that point... i just skipped rest of the post, there was nothing worth reading from yourself..

Sorry but I shall not debate with people with such a condescending manner, i shall not respond to any more of your posts, have a great day..

So either you don't want any first principles or you don't like the inconvenient answers that came to mind.  Got to say that's a bit disappointing since I honestly thought that you were interested in (as you say) honest debate.   Okay, I'll do it your way. Back to the 6th form, let's turn up the emotion and silly rhetoric. 

A: Palestinians voted in a death cult government and then left them in place for two decades. They aren't interested in peace, they just want to genocide the jews next door. Palestinian's are evil antisemites who complain that they are getting what they deserve. The world will be better off when Israel has killed or arrested every genocidal jew hater. 

or

B: Palestinians will kill or eject their Jewish oppressors and make Palestine from the River to the Sea.

Which one, A or B? 

On balance I feel that A is the better of the two options. 

I do feel that way of debate doesn't really get us anywhere and it's a bit OTT, but whatever, if that's where we are.