Israel / Gaza / Lebanon / Iran War Thread

Both Israel and Palestine (Palestinian leaders)  are guilty of crimes against humanity,  so are those who are supplying weapons,  what has been done cannot be undone,  Biden must stop supplying weapons and then Israel should allow the Palestinians to leave.

24 minutes ago, cressida said:

Both Israel and Palestine (Palestinian leaders)  are guilty of crimes against humanity,  so are those who are supplying weapons,  what has been done cannot be undone,  Biden must stop supplying weapons and then Israel should allow the Palestinians to leave.

What do you think the outcome will be if Israel can't defend itself? 

Well,  I've always supported Israel because they are a small country up against enemy ones,  I'm hoping that risking the loss of weapon supply will make

them more amenable to a ceasefire and that there will be no need for further attacks.  I may be naive but both sides aren't winning anything foreseeable.

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

What do you think the outcome will be if Israel can't defend itself? 

I think the answer is here.....

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees will cry out: O’ Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him,” reads the Hamas Covenant that outlines a path to the group’s goal of destroying Israel through jihad"

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, cressida said:

Well,  I've always supported Israel because they are a small country up against enemy ones,  I'm hoping that risking the loss of weapon supply will make

them more amenable to a ceasefire and that there will be no need for further attacks.  I may be naive but both sides aren't winning anything foreseeable.

Do you think that Hamas and Hezbollah will stick to a permanent ceasefire if Israel does enter into one with them? 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Do you think that Hamas and Hezbollah will stick to a permanent ceasefire if Israel does enter into one with them? 

They are on a mission, so I doubt it,  but at least it will be recorded if they are not helping to stop people on both sides dying.

Just now, cressida said:

They are on a mission, so I doubt it,  but at least it will be recorded if they are not helping to stop people on both sides dying.

Agreed. The intensely sad situation is that Israel can't have a permanent ceasefire with Hamas and Hezbollah. 

It's one heck of a mess but there is only one workable option really. They have to destroy Hamas and Hezbollah and then the Iranian regime and their other proxies. The resulting death and destruction is entirely the fault of Hamas, Hezbollah, the people who put them there and the people who support them. 

I know it's a bit of an old trope but Golda Meir put her finger on it when she said "If the Arabs put down their weapons there will be no more violence. If Jews put down their weapons there will be genocide". This is so true. The Arabs who have made their peace with Israel since have become modern, wealthy, peaceful and increasingly secular. The same can't be said for the rest who have turned many once wonderful places into fetid hellholes. 

Right now Israel is saving the West and Arabs. Unfortunately the West and Arabs are trying to prevent themselves from being saved. 

Quote:   

I know it's a bit of an old trope but Golda Meir put her finger on it when she said "If the Arabs put down their weapons there will be no more violence. If Jews put down their weapons there will be genocide". This is so true. The Arabs who have made their peace with Israel since have become modern, wealthy, peaceful and increasingly secular. The same can't be said for the rest who have turned many once wonderful places into fetid hellholes. 

Wise woman,  I believe Hamas & Hezzbollah have to be seen to be winning,  (pride)  but there's no shame in agreeing to whatever brings about a ceasefire. 

People forget that Hezbollah and Hamas started out because of Israel's occupation!

They never existed before - so the more Israel goes about expanding its hold over Arab lands, the more we will see resistance. John Mearsheimer said it right- stop the occupation and then find the solution.

Israel will not want to stop because it is hell bent on wiping out Arabs and grabbing land.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/news/israel-has-delusional-war-aims/vi-AA1rDuc8?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=68d69d506c19411b8fa464cc7e295d79&ei=30

• Like 1