Future pandemic as big as Covid is inevitable, says Prof. Whitty

10 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

In fairness , the only masks that are found to protect ,are the ones , that a person is Fit Tested for . We had to pass the test ,by various means ,in order to make sure the mask did itsjob . So , the masks the Care Homes used would not be much good . 

image.png.80c5aed87a8f9018629d896535ad20bf.png

I seem to remember at the time though there was a shortage of masks too.   
I do believe even a basic mask is better than nothing however?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

There was a shortage of everything 

Yes, I believe there were problems with other items of PPE (not to mention the PPE Scandal https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/17/how-the-michelle-mone-scandal-unfolded-200m-of-ppe-contracts-denials-and-a-government-lawsuit)

I can’t help feeling though that if the care home workers refused to wear a mask they were also negligent in other areas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Like I said, he's obsessed with his respiratory conditions, that bloke. 

And certain other people are obsessed with ‘gatekeeping’ this forum.  I just ignore threads I’m not interested in.  Why not do the same?

3 minutes ago, pfifes said:

And certain other people are obsessed with ‘gatekeeping’ this forum.  I just ignore threads I’m not interested in.  Why not do the same?

Why have you pounced on me and not the other people who have essentially said this is clearly a thread too far?