Future pandemic as big as Covid is inevitable, says Prof. Whitty

13 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

It was not the Conspiracy Theorists that funded the mass distribution of Misinformation, Disinformation, Anti-vax, Anti-lockdown, Anti Science, Anti MSM stuff. 

It was not the Conspiracy Theorists that repeated the Misinformation, Disinformation, Anti-vax, Anti-lockdown, Anti Science, Anti MSM stuff on here on this Forum.

It was not the Conspiracy Theorists who predicted on here, mass deaths from vaccination or informed the Forum about empty wards and dancing nurses.

Who then? 

The American Far Right and then exported to our Far Right media here to be copied in chunks on this Forum.

But the FB/Twitter musings appealed to the poor saps who lapped up what appeared there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I wasn't, annd you know it - I was referring to the barrage of bovine excreta on such as Twitter/Facebook.

I don't know why you're responding like this, Peak4 is clearly answering in good faith.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

But the FB/Twitter musings appealed to the poor saps who lapped up what appeared there.

You are way off here.

Twitter and Facebook engaged in mass censorship of anyone trying to go against the narrative. 

I was frequently (and instantly) banned on Facebook for sharing information from medical professionals etc. 30 days on the Facebook naughty step then account restrictions for several months.

Facebook is still like that but now Musk owns X thankfully we can speak more freely. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I don't know why you're responding like this, Peak4 is clearly answering in good faith.

Like what? I'm merely replying to the posts - as I read them.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

You are way off here.

Twitter and Facebook engaged in mass censorship of anyone trying to go against the narrative. 

I was frequently (and instantly) banned on Facebook for sharing information from medical professionals etc. 30 days on the Facebook naughty step then account restrictions for several months.

Facebook is still like that but now Musk owns X thankfully we can speak more freely. 

Am I 'way off'? When I initially started looking at the original covid thread on here, there were numerous incorrect/conspiracy type re-quotes of Twitbook entries posted on here. After a very short time, I ceased to bother looking at the topic, so don't know if it improved.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Like what? I'm merely replying to the posts - as I read them.

Am I 'way off'? When I initially started looking at the original covid thread on here, there were numerous incorrect/conspiracy type re-quotes of Twitbook entries posted on here. After a very short time, I ceased to bother looking at the topic, so don't know if it improved.

Yes. You are way off. Off narrative Facebook groups shut down, vax damage victims support groups shut down, doctors, nurses, academics and regular people permanently banned for their opinions, as I said I had many bans for sharing information including about blood clots. Look how that turned out. 

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes. You are way off. Off narrative Facebook groups shut down, vax damage victims support groups shut down, doctors, nurses, academics and regular people permanently banned for their opinions, as I said I had many bans for sharing information including about blood clots. Look how that turned out. 

OK

4 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Meanwhile on this Forum we had to wade through  all sorts of second hand opinions from Covid  Deniers, Anti-vaxxers, Far Right political activists, quotes from non-medical Doctors, nurses and academics way out of their medical depth, from often really weird sources, where did they get them from?

My bold.

🤣

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

That's going to be the problem. 

The gross mishandling of the Covid pandemic has made a lot of people very cynical. They don't know who or what to believe.

If/when another big one hits which genuinely needs such measures, people simply won't believe what they're being told and may  ignore it.

Covid has done a lot more damage than people realise....  

Indeed.