Future pandemic as big as Covid is inevitable, says Prof. Whitty

9 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

If Covid was as dangerous as they told us (the plebs), There would have been NO PARTIES in Downing Street etc.

That was just Johnson being his usual arrogant self. He'd already had covid by then. None of them were "customer facing" like bus drivers, nurses etc or elderly so far less likely to get a bad dose.

Edited by Longcol
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

If Covid was as dangerous as they told us (the plebs), There would have been NO PARTIES in Downing Street etc. it really was exaggerated, exaggerated to keep us compliant and afraid.

Who on here, (bearing in mind that no long term trials have been carried out) are still GLAD they had the Jab, and would do so again.

Also ask how many who didn't have the jab wished they did.

I'm yet to meet anyone one who's unjabbed but wish they had it.

I meet plenty who wished they hadn't though. 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Also ask how many who didn't have the jab wished they did.

I'm yet to meet anyone one who's unjabbed but wish they had it.

I meet plenty who wished they hadn't though. 

Well The D , In the second wave , it was bad . This time it hit youngsters & I had so many saying I wish I had the vaccine now because some were so very ill . On the other side of the coin , there were those that had the Vaccine & they didn't even know they had Covid until they got tested in A&E , because they came in with something else & found they were positive .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I've just  noticed. The thread is already 8 pages long and whilst there's plenty of disagreement I reckon it's shaping up to be a decent thread. Anyone else? 

True, I think so too, but maybe it is because those posting respect others opinions, even if they disagree with them.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

True, I think so too, but maybe it is because those posting respect others opinions, even i they disagree with them.

Agreed. Having said that I should really knock it off with the 🤣 emoji replies.

I will do my best on that one 😬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had to learn all about Respiratory , which was hard . I am Surgical , but that had to take a back seat during Covid , which is why I volunteered for front line . 

I had to be trained on various machines , the Physio's were magnificant . This was the Mother of all machines on the ward , because if this didn't work , then big decisions had to be made 

The V60 

image.png.291408159252a868fec38e454313c10b.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I had to learn all about Respiratory , which was hard . I am Surgical , but that had to take a back seat during Covid , which is why I volunteered for front line . 

I had to be trained on various machines , the Physio's were magnificant . This was the Mother of all machines on the ward , because if this didn't work , then big decisions had to be made 

The V60 

image.png.291408159252a868fec38e454313c10b.png

I think we're all very grateful and somewhat in awe of the front line NHS staff who went through a bloody awful  time  for weeks / months on end. 

Respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think we're all very grateful and somewhat in awe of the front line NHS staff who went through a bloody awful  time  for weeks / months on end. 

Respect.

I thankyou Longcol . But it was something I felt was right . I was out of my comfort zone , but I have a thirst for knowledge which helped . But nothing shocked me as much as seeing an XRay of someone with very bad Covid . Their lungs were a complete white out , when that happened , they were suffocating . Once the machine was switched off , that was ,it , no lingering , they were gone . I cannot watch programs about it now , it makes me cry 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I thankyou Longcol . But it was something I felt was right . I was out of my comfort zone , but I have a thirst for knowledge which helped . But nothing shocked me as much as seeing an XRay of someone with very bad Covid . Their lungs were a complete white out , when that happened , they were suffocating . Once the machine was switched off , that was ,it , no lingering , they were gone . I cannot watch programs about it now , it makes me cry 

Sorry. 😭

• Sad 1