Henderson’s Worcestershire Sauce

Hendo’s is a family thing, it was always on the table of my Victorian born grandparents, my late mother never took to it, my wife hate’s it, as does my son, so I reckon that I’m the last in our family. 
If it is to carry on it needs to attract a different market, or be confined to culinary history.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Spot on there crookesey, but making itself on first appearance not suitable for veggies and vegans ain’t gonna do that is it?

It literally says right there on the label that it is Gluten Free and Vegan.

The recipe hasn’t changed. Only the name on the label for some overseas buyers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Hendo’s is a family thing, it was always on the table of my Victorian born grandparents, my late mother never took to it, my wife hate’s it, as does my son, so I reckon that I’m the last in our family. 
If it is to carry on it needs to attract a different market, or be confined to culinary history.

Add it to meals instead.  They won't notice, but they'll certainly enjoy it.

Few splashes in gravy or a good chug into the filling for a steak pie.  Absolutely wonderful!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, geared said:

Few splashes in gravy or a good chug into the filling for a steak pie.  Absolutely wonderful!

Works that way for me, so long as it isn't overdone.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, geared said:

Larrap it on cheese on toast. It also works wonders sprinkled in bags of bacon fries (if you can still get em).

• Like 1