Henderson’s Worcestershire Sauce

21 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

I believe it is to the same recipe.

The reasoning for the name change was simply that people didn’t understand what it was overseas so distributors and stores asked them to change the name… apparently just doing so has significantly increased sales. 😬

Still Relish here though.

Total sell out regarding its origin. 😔

• Thanks 1

On 26/09/2024 at 23:13, SheffieldForum said:

I believe it is to the same recipe.

😬

Not sure that's correct. I read that they removed anchovies from the recipe so that it could be marketed as 'vegan'.  Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong...

But personally I've gone off Henderson's. To me it's now just a watery pepper sauce. I much prefer L&P, or even Tesco's own brand 'Worcester' sauce. 

I shall now mostly be hiding behind the sofa....

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

Not sure that's correct. I read that they removed anchovies from the recipe so that it could be marketed as 'vegan'.  Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong...

But personally I've gone off Henderson's. To me it's now just a watery pepper sauce. I much prefer L&P, or even Tesco's own brand 'Worcester' sauce. 

I shall now mostly be hiding behind the sofa....

Not sure you’re right there Gormenghast. It’s never had anchovies in it, that’s the point of difference. It’s the Worcester sauce stuff that has anchovies in it, thereby precluding it from being veggie or vegan.

There again, I might be wrong, so just in case make room behind that sofa, please!

• Haha 2

I remember the first time I tried Henderson’s relish on meat and potato pie, it ruined the taste of the pie for me.

I wanted to taste the pie and the lovely crust not a vinegar, spicy acetic tasting sauce. I definitely don’t like it.  I don’t think you can buy it here Newcastle, although I haven’t looked on the supermarket shelves for it.