What Do You Hold On to. What Keeps You Going?

Music is the main thing that keeps me going, listening to and playing music. Am in an original band and a covers band, the biggest pleasure is coming up with parts and arrangements for original songs, but it’s great to play some of one’s personal favourites too. I played a gig last week that gave me one of the most profound highs in years, even though it was pretty low key.

The passing of the seasons is sustaining, the first snowdrops, then the daffodils and wild garlic, then planting your own stuff especially tomatoes, Then comes summer and eating outside, autumn and the leaves turning and the mushrooms coming out. Then winter and stars, snow and cosiness.

Cooking and eating. Finding new or perfecting old recipes, a great source of pleasure 3 times a day.

Learning new things, I must have done the majority of The Great Courses and The Teaching Company stuff, from particle physics to religions of the axial age, it makes you feel nothing is beyond you and that you can keep up with what’s happening.

A beautiful and admirable partner of 40 years, our shared interests (travel, history, the cat, in-jokes)

Wish it could go on for ever.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't really hold on to anything.

What keeps me going.....watching sport, especially football, not leaving my cat alone and 2-3 days trips away by myself in my van with a fishing rod, a sleeping bag and my iPhone.

The fishing trips in your van sound good. 👍

• Like 1