What Do You Hold On to. What Keeps You Going?

20 hours ago, Norbert said:

Am I right in thinking you're not far from Sydney? Crikey it must be 5am there now. Sunset in the summer at 7pm seems brutal, workers don't get much light if they leave at 5pm, I guess barbies are at the weekend. Tbh it wasn't a great summer here, we didn't get to eat in the garden much, I do enjoy watching the swallows circle until after 9pm, but there's always next year. Fancy a month's house swap?

A great many of the workers here finish at 3.30. They start early.

1 minute ago, cressida said:

What keeps me going,  the prospect of winning a really large amount (6 figures)on the Premium Bonds,  won every month since May.

You've won every month since May?! I'm assuming you have either exceptional luck or a large amount of premium bonds! I have one Premium Bond that I bought as a young teenager. Never had a win. To be expected I suppose. :D

Presently,  we have £15,000.  My parents left me quite a big sum,  I put this amount in my son's name - he has this capital and I keep the prizes,  if I win a large amount I shall probably buy another house,  maybe by the sea,  & put it in his name.  I used to check the amount winners have won with and many have won with £15,000.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

Presently,  we have £15,000.  My parents left me quite a big some,  I put this amount in my son's name - he has this capital and I keep the prizes,  if I win a large amount I shall probably buy another house,  maybe by the sea,  & put it in his name.  I used to check the amount winners have won with and many have won with £15,000.

That amount of Premium Bonds definitely increases of winning, obviously.

Regarding putting your Premium Bonds in your Son's name, and thinking that if you had a big win and bought a house by the sea in your Son's name, all this could be done legally in your Will. Just a thought, I'm sure you haven't overlooked this option.

13 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

That amount of Premium Bonds definitely increases of winning, obviously.

Regarding putting your Premium Bonds in your Son's name, and thinking that if you had a big win and bought a house by the sea in your Son's name, all this could be done legally in your Will. Just a thought, I'm sure you haven't overlooked this option.

Not done that, as soon as I do win  a large amount I'll make one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cressida said:

Not done that, as soon as I do win  a large amount I'll make one. 

I don't mean to pry, but if you haven't made a Will already you should. It can get complicated if you don't, and unexpectedly die intestate.

Listen at me talking, I haven't made a will either, It's on my list of things I can't get around to doing.  :roll:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cressida said:

It's like tempting providence,  and I don't like the idea of online wills (scamming)

Ah, I wouldn't dream of getting a will online. I'd visit someone professionally qualified in the field at their office.

I understand what you mean about "tempting providence" but I was told by a legal legal through some personal circumstances, it can get very tricky if you have means and property if you die intestate.

And I'll continue to remind myself that I really need to do this too. ;) 

• Like 1