Nether Edge

crookesey

My old stomping ground, I had a drive around it yesterday, it was very clean and tidy, some very classy developments, but something wasn’t right and it took until this morning for me to figure it out. There were hardly any young people, did I catch it on an off day or have things changed? :huh:

Nether Edge is quite mixed and covers quite a wide area. Some areas very well to do and quiet, others bordering on more ‘lively’ areas shall we say.  And plenty in between.

Its not really a ‘student area’ and hasn’t been a long time (although there will be a few of course).

I can’t say I’ve noticed a lack of young people in the area when I’ve been, there’s always seems to be a mix of ages.

5 hours ago, pfifes said:

Nether Edge is quite mixed and covers quite a wide area. Some areas very well to do and quiet, others bordering on more ‘lively’ areas shall we say.  And plenty in between.

Its not really a ‘student area’ and hasn’t been a long time (although there will be a few of course).

I can’t say I’ve noticed a lack of young people in the area when I’ve been, there’s always seems to be a mix of ages.

Could have been the weather.

Combination of things ... students pretty much moved out in the 00s into all the new higher spec accommodation in town, the high house prices have deterred families with a lot of kids , the sporadic issues with young gangs of 10 and 15 years ago around Abbeydale rd have thankfully seemingly abated with better police patrols and as they have now grown up, got sense or have had to move further away from Nether Edge.

A general gentrification of the area I think...

• Like 1