Curd tart

tuthill

Does anyone know if it's still possible to buy this sweet pastry? ...my grandma called them cheese curd tarts but they are certainly not savory,..... They look a little  like coconut tarts and have a moist consistency and have currents or possibly sultanas in... maybe I'm just asking in the wrong shops!..I seem to remember Fletchers bakery used To do them in an individual size along side their excellent cherry Bakewells ....thanks in advance

9 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

P.S. 

There was a campaign some years back to rename them Yorkshire cheesecake, which would have aligned with your grans description, but nowt came of it.

Why aye  yoze lot claimed the pan haggerty. When it was from Northumberland 👍😏😏😏😏

• Haha 1

I'm  relieved to find that I was mistaken in worrying that the title of this thread was a Spoonerism.

Initially I assumed it was a polite reference to the employment of what used to be known as "nightsoil" men and their preferred mode of transport. I apologise profusely, and will try harder in future not to jump to such awful unfounded conclusions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

I'm  relieved to find that I was mistaken in worrying that the title of this thread was a Spoonerism.

Initially I assumed it was a polite reference to the employment of what used to be known as "nightsoil" men and their preferred mode of transport. I apologise profusely, and will try harder in future not to jump to such awful unfounded conclusions.

I guess you’re flushed with embarrassment.

• Haha 2