Have you made a will?

1 hour ago, Draggletail said:

But how do you choose an executor if you use the app? I know that the benefactor of the will can also be the executor, but what if you consider them too young for this responsibility,  so how would you choose an executor?

I haven't made a will yet, but I have started typing one out on my PC, which I will finalise in a few months/years.

I think the executor should be a beneficiary or be paid.

Edited by El Cid
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I haven't made a will yet, but I have started typing one out on my PC, which I will finalise in a few months/years.

I think the executor should be a beneficiary or be paid.

Thanks, regarding the executor being a paid professional, do you know if this needs to be pre arranged with them, or could they just be named in the will as the executor?

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

Thanks, regarding the executor being a paid professional, do you know if this needs to be pre arranged with them, or could they just be named in the will as the executor?

I think you need to prearranged it and get the agreement of the proposed executors, not just name them in the will.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Do you mean lasting power of attorney? Definitely worth doing, finally managed to persuade my mum & dad to do theirs this year, it will mean that their preferences will be more to the fore if they do lose capacity at some point.

I think we mean the same thing. Whilst you do your parents, it might be an idea to do your own. Who knows what is round the corner.

https://www.gov.uk/enduring-power-attorney-duties

12 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I think you need to prearranged it and get the agreement of the proposed executors, not just name them in the will.

Thanks Meltman 👍I'm  not sure how this could be carried out with an online will, which appears to be a simple option. Maybe it's not so simple. Following the thread with interest...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draggletail said:

If you don’t have anyone that you feel would be suitable, or your family and friends don’t want to take on the role, you could appoint a professional executor, such as a solicitor or an accountant. This can be especially useful if your estate is particularly large or complicated. A professional executor will charge for their services and this will be paid for out of your estate.

https://www.co-oplegalservices.co.uk/probate-solicitors/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=nb_-_[pro]_-_hagakure&utm_term=probate_fees&infinity=ict2~net~gaw~ar~534433941532~kw~probate fees~mt~b~cmp~NB+-+[PRO]+-+Hagakure~ag~(CAT:NB)(SUB:PRO)&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwgfm3BhBeEiwAFfxrG_gxC7u554G3lKZgTiZCFQkSMB1W9dCVDyi8i6XjmKYKDJ3ctLGoGRoCxXgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds