UK will give sovereignty of Chagos Islands to Mauritius

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

my thoughts?

this bits going to annoy certain people

This bit should annoy them more

"We remain powerless and voiceless in determining our own future and the future of our homeland", he said, and called for the full inclusion of Chagossians in drafting the treaty.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Gibraltar will be down to the Gibraltarias & the Falklands has a massive oil field just about to be developed so I'd say they're not going to be given over. 

The negotiations over Gibraltar are actually extremely simple:

Return; Ceuta, Melilla, the Canary Islands and the other Plazas de Sobernia, and Gibraltar will be returned to Spain.

That is the start and the finish of any negotiations.

15 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

I'm not blaming Starmer for the give away. It's the comment made by Starmer which is worrying.  I don't trust Starmer's judgement. 

What comment?

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Your thoughts?

Mr Freebie Starmer is utterly insane.

He's basically just handed that region of the world to China on a plate, Mauritius is heavily pro-China, so it's only a matter of time before they start trying to kick the USA out of one of the most strategically important military bases in the world.

I'm predicting this will go majorly tits up within the next 10 years.

We should all rejoice that we live in such a wealthy and generous country that we can afford to give money to Mauritius on top of the £11.1 billion foreign aid budget, the extra £600 million going to Ukraine and however many billions of pounds we're spending to keep illegal immigrants in hotels. Luckily, we've got lots of millionaire pensioners to pay for it all. It makes me proud to be British.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, despritdan said:

We should all rejoice that we live in such a wealthy and generous country that we can afford to give money to Mauritius on top of the £11.1 billion foreign aid budget, the extra £600 million going to Ukraine and however many billions of pounds we're spending to keep illegal immigrants in hotels. Luckily, we've got lots of millionaire pensioners to pay for it all. It makes me proud to be British.

there we go Mr @Al Bundy, the first one, wont be the last one

*ticks off social media bingo card*

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Why would it annoy people, I don't get it, and why is it "great stuff" if it does?

What an odd post.

Not an odd post for him.

He thinks he's funny and clever. 

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh right.

Why would it be " great stuff"?

What's a Fuherer?

See what I mean?

He reminds of the people on fb football groups who ruin the groups with comments that look like a 10 year old has been given a phone for Christmas.

• Haha 1